Return

by Official_Froggitt
Fri Oct 02 2020 1:31pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carpetbaggers

So where does this subject live?

https://twitter.com/Citywire/status/1311975462344638464

I'm in. Are you? £500m across 1m members.
by Official_Froggitt
Fri Oct 02 2020 7:51pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carpetbaggers

Sure am Rich. I tried registering with Froggitt, but it said taken. Got here via cb.com redirect!!! Needed to find like minded peeps to celebrate LV= with!!!!! How are you? Remember the old days, plotting in central London to bring them all down? And that poor sod that got sued by the Porkers? Any o...
by Official_Froggitt
Tue Dec 15 2020 5:26pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LV

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-9055423/1-3m-LV-members-line-cash-payout-group-ditches-mutual-status.html The exact size of the cash payouts to members remains unknown and will be determined by the company's board at a later date. The 340,000 members who hold with-profits policie...
by Official_Froggitt
Thu Dec 17 2020 7:55am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Obviously shockingly run and on its uppers. Sold half the business for a billion over the past few years, and yet the rest of the business (including the billion) is only worth half a billion.
by Official_Froggitt
Fri Oct 02 2020 1:28pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Introduce yourself!

Re-hi to all my old muckers.
by Official_Froggitt
Wed Apr 21 2021 7:12pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

..Usual lump sum cash for loss of membership.. Hello to all the old 'faces'. How are you...? I wish it was going to be as 'usual'.. I can remember the good old bumper cash for membership days. More likely to be £250 or something I guess.. still, better than a poke in the eye/ sharp stick etc. Merry...
by Official_Froggitt
Sun Aug 15 2021 7:09pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Returned from holiday to find pack inviting me to a Webinar on "Progress on our plans to sell the LV= life and pensions business". It sounds like there are separate sessions for WP and non-WP members. WP is Thursday 9th September at 1pm.
by Official_Froggitt
Tue Sep 21 2021 3:39pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Webinar a couple of weeks ago basically said LV needed to invest heaving in an under invested business, and the only people who would fund that would be the members, and that it would likely take 8 or 9 years to break even on that investment, by which time many (half?) the WP policies would have...
by Official_Froggitt
Tue Nov 09 2021 7:55pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Voting pack arrived. So basically its a crap business, run badly, worth buttons. They had a dozen bidders, and Bain offered the most. If the mutuality zealots vote this down, the next bidder, Royal London, will give you nothing, except another dose of mutuality. £100 plus 0.1%.....gonna blow it on b...