Search found 367 matches

Return

by Constantine
Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MBNA to exit UK market

I'm not sure the headline is quite right. MBNA (Maryland Bank something or other) was bought by Bank of America a few years back. MBNA USA has now become Bank of America Card Services but Bank of America has now decided to sell off other chunks of MBNA. I think MBNA Canada has already been sold, and...
by Constantine
Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Exclusive: £15 cashback for £10 deposit at Yipiii

mark_r_abcd wrote:Perhaps a silly question, but how do Yipiii make any money?
They get the cashback, I presume. Or hope to from people's continued use of the site.
by Constantine
Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Snap General Election annouced 8th June.

..You are correct in saying the independent Boundary Commission decides on boundaries. But it was the Tories who decided that it was in their interests to cut the number of MP's as most of those whose seats will disappear will belong to Labour not Tories. Another cynical power grab by the Tories. C...
by Constantine
Thu May 04, 2017 2:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We are not paying enough in disablity benefits

...There is no harm in borrowing money to help make the economy richer or in running a deficit. Yes there is. See Greece. An extreme example you cite, and nothing to do of course to do with the Greeks having an aversion to paying tax. Of course it's a flippin extreme example. It's a pretty extreme ...
by Constantine
Wed May 03, 2017 3:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am not accusing any one party, I do not think the elderly in need or the disabled have been treated well by the Labour, Tory or Tory/LibDem coalition.... Yes you are. Don't fib. You said "Those most in need are being failed by the cost cutting Tory Govt." ...And of course the tribunal cases are o...
by Constantine
Wed May 03, 2017 3:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

William Joseph wrote:...There is no harm in borrowing money to help make the economy richer or in running a deficit.
Yes there is. See Greece.
by Constantine
Fri May 05, 2017 11:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I guess we all have our different opinions and never the twain will meet. I'm happy with that. It is what politics is all about. I'm talking about economics not politics. Nations that consistently run large deficits eventually run out of money and default. Irrespective of politics. Politics on...
by Constantine
Sat May 13, 2017 12:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Angela Rayner has been to the Diane Abbott maths class."

blythburgh wrote:...PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VOTE AND MAKE SURE YOU USE IT ON 8TH MAY. Sorry for shouting but I feel voting is so important. And I am talking to supporters of all parties and none.
It's even more important to turn up on the right day.:)

MAKE SURE YOU USE YOUR VOTE ON THE 8TH JUNE!
by Constantine
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: An Accident waiting to happen...

Money spent tarting up a tower block by cladding the outside - meanwhile reports that the fire alarms weren't working...... and obviously the fire suppression (if it existed) was inadequate. Things that would have a company closed down, yet people young and old were housed there. A quick makeover t...