Search found 237 matches

Return

by Constantine
Wed Jan 23 2019 6:11pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New season

After the excitement of the away win at Leicester, things have gone a bit downhill. Knocked out of the cup by Gillingham, and we couldn't even beat bloody Huddersfield. The problem being that Cardiff doesn't really have a fit striker that can knock the ball in the net. On Saturday Warnock signed one...
by Constantine
Thu Jan 24 2019 7:53pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 3)

Well, same thing really. Shopping is moving online. Banking is moving online. Thus both retailers and banks are closing stores.
by Constantine
Fri Jan 25 2019 6:04pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am sure we will regret the loss in the level service. "Service" seems to be something that many have forgotten all about. “Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” ― Oscar Wilde As far as I'm concerned, both online shopping and online banking provide a better servic...
by Constantine
Sat Jan 26 2019 1:22pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would have thought closing down high street shops and bank branches do kind of force people to use what ever alternative is offered - like it or not...! But they are closing down because people are not using them , and said shops and bank branches are no longer profitable. What is it about that d...
by Constantine
Sun Jan 27 2019 3:29pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

blythburgh wrote:
Sun Jan 27 2019 9:54am
People are using the bank branches and shops but just not enough in the opinion of the desire to maximise profit companies.
Cash in must exceed cash out. That is cold hard accounting fact not opinion.
by Constantine
Sun Jan 27 2019 3:33pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

pabenny wrote:
Sun Jan 27 2019 11:01am

So are you suggesting that retailers and banks should keep branches open that don't cover their costs?
Probably. :)

Those desire to maximise profit companies simply don't take into account the pain felt by the inhabitants of Lowestoft at the loss of their Body Shop.
by Constantine
Sun Jan 27 2019 3:44pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Certainly sounds like you have fallen for the banks marketing campaigns in their effort to encourage people to use their on-line services - Nope. I've used online banking for a number of years and have found it a vast improvement over the offline equivalent Trying to claim that I am somehow stupid ...
by Constantine
Sun Jan 27 2019 3:55pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interested parties might want to read this https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/news/article-6635287/The-high-street-overpriced-lazy-says-retail-expert.html Some chap called Mark Pilkington has written a book, Retail Therapy: Why The Retail Industry is Broken – and What Can Be Done To Fix It . At least...
by Constantine
Sun Jan 27 2019 5:42pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

... Internet banking, or mobile banking, is much easier and doesn't entail a trip into town. I can do it over a cup of tea during the adverts on Love Island. I do mine over a cup of espresso during the adverts for Judge Judy. Each to his own. I expect that the poster in question would be shocked by...
by Constantine
Mon Jan 28 2019 4:11pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was interested to read: "More than 10,000 jobs have been cut at Tesco since the current chief executive, Dave Lewis, took over in 2014." ...And now a further 15,000 job losses are targeted! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47023001 Interestingly enough, Tesco's woes have nothing to do with com...