Search found 237 matches

Return

by Constantine
Sun Dec 30 2018 5:21pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New season

There is some BT Sport pundit named Chris Sutton who predicted that not only would Cardiff get relegated from the Premier League, they would be bottom of the table. And not only would Cardiff be bottom of the table, they would break Derby's record of the lowest ever points total in the Premier Leagu...
by Constantine
Sun Jan 06 2019 12:32pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goldman Sachs entering UK Savings market

planteria wrote:
Sun Jan 06 2019 12:26pm
just Sort Code & Account Number? do we need a debit card to set up the link?
I simply FP'd £10 in.
by Constantine
Mon Jan 07 2019 4:05pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 40 stores to close... (part 3)

... I am sure we are witnessing a quantum change on the high street which may have negative effects on the town and city high streets but devastating effects to the smaller towns and villages. Yes, but quantum changes and devastating effects are nothing new. Witness the decline of independent groce...
by Constantine
Tue Jan 08 2019 1:30pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's now 10 years since Woolworths closed; this article estimates that 175,714 retail jobs have been lost since the 2008 recession: https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2018/12/woolworths-collapse-10-years-ago-first-domino-physical-retail-armageddon/ Just take it on the chin or treat it as nostalgi...
by Constantine
Tue Jan 08 2019 1:43pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Free bus travel for people with epilepsy

There is a disabled person’s bus pass that entitles you to free travel on local buses in England. Other jurisdictions in the UK might have similar schemes.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-ad ... ed-people/#
by Constantine
Mon Jan 21 2019 6:09pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Free cheeseburger from McDonalds

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Jan 21 2019 11:21am
It might be free but still too expensive for me
Why?

What price do you think you would pay for eating just one free cheeseburger?

They're not poisonous you know. :)
by Constantine
Mon Jan 21 2019 6:11pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I was nearly conned

This is actually the least crazy post the OP has made here for some time. :)
by Constantine
Tue Jan 22 2019 4:51pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Without wishing to through too much of a damper on good news, the thing those figures don’t show is the extent of under-employment – people with part time jobs who want to work full time; professionals who would be reluctant to call themselves unemployed but only have sporadic contract work, and pe...
by Constantine
Tue Jan 22 2019 5:18pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK, I looked at the data. For the Jul-Sep 2018 quarter the underemployment rate was 7.8%, which is lower than it was in 2010, but a bit higher than the earliest number of 6.8% at the beginning of 2002. What's more interesting is that the overemployment rate was 10.0%. Not much of a damper at all I'd...
by Constantine
Tue Jan 22 2019 4:53pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Free cheeseburger from McDonalds

blythburgh wrote:
Tue Jan 22 2019 10:41am
Not enjoyable enough to add the calories to a day when we have a meal out before shopping and get something more fattening than usual for tea as a treat
Are you trying to say that you don't like cheeseburgers? :)