Search found 155 matches

Return

by pieman
Thu Feb 06 2020 9:57pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Investment query

Thanks,

Sorry - I didnt actually mean getting £500 interest, just for her to be able to withdraw £500 a month, so not locking it away.
by pieman
Fri Feb 07 2020 1:20pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Investment query

Thanks, Lots of great ideas here, Fortunately my mum is able to cover the £500 pm from her pension - so it is more about where to put it in the short, medium long term. The place does have lots of facilities, though we all think it is a little high but as we (the family) have said to her , we would ...
by pieman
Mon Jun 08 2020 6:02pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CAMRA being rather unhelpful!

Some of you may know about CAMRA, The Campaign For Real Ale. In January I bought a annual membership for a friends special birthday which would allow him the following, amongst other things, ''Free or reduced entry to over 180 beer festivals £30 worth of CAMRA real ale vouchers (for use at pubs incl...
by pieman
Fri Jun 26 2020 1:27pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Piemans FAComp Round Fore

Winner: Man Utd (Joker)

Boar Drawer: Leicester v Chelsea

Dirty Dancing: Newcastle v Man City

Bell Ends: Sheffield United V Arsenal
by pieman
Sat Aug 01 2020 2:34pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Share club valuation @ 1 Aug 2020

Yep me too -

at long last back into profit :thumbup:

Well done to everybody that has helped make this happen with their voting and share suggestions.
by pieman
Tue Aug 18 2020 12:59pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Covid outbreak at Bakkavor factory

Unsurprisingly the shares have taken a bit of a hit today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-53818058
by pieman
Tue Sep 01 2020 7:23pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pieman's Final Comp

kevinchess1 wrote:
Sun Aug 30 2020 1:26pm
All prizes now awarded

Many thanks Kev :thumbup:
by pieman
Sat Nov 14 2020 11:09am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it just me??

Not casting any general aspirations at older people but... Just had a phone message from Mrs P's mother saying that we can't go round to see her next Saturday (er. well obviously, there is a lock down on) because her and a couple of other friends are going round to Ethel's for dinner (wait, what, do...
by pieman
Mon Nov 16 2020 10:38am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many boxes of chocolate are still made?

Just wondering if anybody knows whether there are any boxes of chocolate still being made - apart from Milk Tray Thorntons and things like celebrations, heroes etc I remember there used to be loads including the strange Weekend box & Carousel ..... https://www.advertisingarchives.co.uk/detail/33875/...
by pieman
Mon Nov 16 2020 4:12pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How many boxes of chocolate are still made?

Both really

Say I wanted to buy somebody a box of chocolates

I seem to only have a very limited choice (even more so if they only like / dislike Dark chocolate

Most boxes I find seem to be a box of the same type eg truffles / ferrero rocher etc