Search found more than 5684 matches

Return

by macliam
Mon Aug 26 2013 6:50pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clean jokes - post 'em here

Sister Monica asked the class what they wanted to be when they grew up. "I want to be a Priest" said Liam, with an angelic look in his face. "I want to be a Nun" said Deidre, her eyes bright "I want to be a Prostitute" said Siobhan ... "You WHAT?!!" exclaimed Sister Monica in horror.... "I want to b...
by macliam
Tue Jul 23 2013 3:20pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

macliam

Now based in "Sylly Suffolk", I seem to have been moving eastwards all my life - but I hope to change that in the next year or two and fly south. I was a temporary resident in London (only 19 years) before moving here to avoid the millenium bug (remember that?!!) "European" by birth, marriage and in...
by macliam
Sun Jul 28 2013 10:12am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: macliam

:wave: As said, the world is smaller and has been corrupted by tourism and commerce. In 1981 I flew to Agadir in Morocco - it had been rebuilt after an earthquake in the 60's and was now like ANY mediterranean resort. I hated it and remember asking on the first evening "Where do the Moroccans live?"...
by macliam
Tue Aug 20 2013 10:29am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never go to a resort surrounded by pine forests. ;)

No beech. :roll:
by macliam
Tue Aug 20 2013 10:35am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"But Grandma, I don't want to go on an official visit to Alaska!" said Prince Harry "It's too cold!!"
The Queen replied, "Wear the fox hat"
"Near Canada" said Harry :D
by macliam
Tue Aug 20 2013 11:57pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seamus was hosting his Texan cousin on the farm in Mayo and was a bit jaded by his guests continuous comparisons with things "back home in the US". Rolling home from the pub, the cousin says "You know, back home my ranch is so big, why, I can get in my car at dawn and drive until nightfall and still...
by macliam
Wed Aug 21 2013 10:40pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(Last one of the night :silent: ) Seamus went to visit his dog's grave. So he called his cousin and said "D'ye know there's a fella of 136 buried by the side of the road?" :? "Ye wha'," says the cousin "By the side of the road? Did he have no family?" :eh: "Not around here anyways" says Seamus "All ...
by macliam
Wed Aug 21 2013 9:37pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

... but back to Seamus. There he was, in the country, with only his old jack russell for company - and then the dog dies. So Seamus goes to the Priest and says "Father Murphy, would ye say a mass for me poor old dog's repose" "Ah now, Seamus" says the Priest "we can't be saying prayers for animals i...
by macliam
Thu Aug 22 2013 8:43pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should we promote Pay Day loan companies?

I have voted no. The Royal Engineers had a tag motto "Honi saeque male asbestos" - dog-latin for "blow you Jack, I'm fireproof" and I sense that sentiment amongst some here...... but it's not for me. After nearly forty years work, I'm doing OK and, yes, I can "do the math" sufficiently to be solvent...