Search found 174 matches

Return

by blythburgh
Wed Oct 02 2019 10:49am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brexit

It's not their fault. They were lied to, like everyone else. The rich hard right wingers in control of papers like The Sun, Express, Mail, Telegraph and Times made sure they pushed anything that put the EU in a bad light. Twist things, make the comment of a single MEP that s/he would like something...
by Sarah
Tue Oct 08 2019 1:16pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Black Wednesday

Sarah wrote:
Thu Jul 25 2019 1:12pm
This might be where he is heading:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1154 ... 05440.html
Still playing out... not far to go now...
by Chadwick
Sun Oct 20 2019 4:33pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely the only way to resolve this is a new referendum. It may not be what the Leavers want, but can they suggest an achievable alternative? So if remainers win a new referendum would we then have the best of 3 in 3 years time ? It's not a best of three though. It's becoming ever more obvious that...
by Sarah
Wed Oct 23 2019 10:29am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"6 more porkies and 6 more fishy promises from Johnson"
https://infacts.org/6-more-porkies-and- ... m-johnson/
by macliam
Mon Nov 04 2019 11:20am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

A friend has told me more than once that his parents were rather racist but worked to for the local Labour Party. They did not approve of non white people coming to the country. He pointed out they were friends with a non white couple. "Ah but they are different" was their reply. This is hardly unu...
by kevinchess1
Sat Nov 09 2019 1:22pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Caption comp (ends Fri 15 Nov) + last week's winner

sanity clause wrote:
Sat Nov 09 2019 12:57pm
'Who do you think you are kidding, mister hitler'...
OUTRAGEOUS that admin would not delete this post
It’s DISGRACEFUL!
‘Hitler’ should be capitalised
#GodwinsLaw
by macliam
Sat Nov 09 2019 11:31pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lest We Forget

Shamrock poppy.jpg Went the day well? We died and never knew. But, well or ill, Freedom, we died for you. Went the day well? When you go home, Tell them of us and say, "For your tomorrows, These gave their todays". John Maxwell Edmonds, 1918. In Memory of my late Grandfather's buddy, Private John C...
by macliam
Sat Nov 09 2019 11:57am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Technology PITAs......

I came to the conclusion that whether or not you like changes, you have to keep up. Maybe not be an early adopter, but also not late. The pain is less if you take it earlier. I vehemently disagree - both vista and Win 8 were disastrous, so being an "early adopter" would just have caused pain. Win 1...
by macliam
Mon Dec 09 2019 6:06pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: And they are off...! General Election 2019

"The L word, the F word, and contemporary UK politics" https://davidallengreen.com/2019/12/the-l-word-the-f-word-and-contemporary-uk-politics/ The ultimate problem is not that many politicians lie. The ultimate problem is far more worrying and far more difficult to resolve. The ultimate problem is ...