Search found 174 matches

Return

by parchedpeas
Sun Sep 12 2021 8:48pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Impact of no-deal Brexit on grocery prices

If you put up barriers to trade then of course things are going to be worse. Hard to believe people are still pretending that Brexit isn't a factor. It may not be *the* factor, but it's always there, lingering at the back of everything that is happening in this country at the moment. Until it produc...
by macliam
Thu Nov 04 2021 6:43pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Shropshire

We are being asked to believe that the Government's decision to set aside the Commons Standards Committee and the Standards Commissioner, just before the vote to confirm a former minister's 30-day suspension, was entirely coincidental. We are also being asked to believe that the proposed replacement...
by Chadwick
Wed Nov 17 2021 8:02am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Impact of no-deal Brexit on grocery prices

But no doubt the Brexit supporters will claim that the move by Shell is a positive of Brexit while claiming that shortages of HGV drivers, care workers, agricultural workers, butchers are unrelated. Likewise the huge impact on trade between GB and NI. To some degree it IS confirmation that the ex-E...
by macliam
Tue Nov 30 2021 2:01am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Don't put it off!!!

The really sad thing is that she went through the first courses of chemo without adverse effects and was able to have surgery. The last time I spoke to her husband, he was peed off because a trip down the Danube he had booked had been impacted by Covid - so she was fairly well recovered and although...
by macliam
Tue Dec 07 2021 9:53pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

L'chaim Mel!!

For once it's good to celebrate a life, rather than mourn a passing. For anyone who has not seen it, there is an interview on the BBC by Alan Yentob of Mel Brooks, the actor and director, now 95 years young. The full interview will be available on 31 December. He has outlived so many of those who st...
by macliam
Wed Dec 08 2021 10:14pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This governments shenanigans

I think it's clear that I am not a Tory supporter - in fact I would go further and say the same as I told Dr. Therese Coffey to her face, I will give them my vote "when hell Freezes over". However, I have friends who vote Tory and my late neighbour, a lovely man, had once been a Tory candidate - and...
by Richard Frost
Wed Jan 12 2022 1:35pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This governments shenanigans

Like the anti vaxers, there are many who live in their own bubble who have very fixed opinions and are unable to see further than the bridge of the glasses upon their noses. Life has ever been such and will continue to be so. The same could perhaps be said of me. I have always voted Labour apart fro...
by macliam
Wed Jan 12 2022 7:32pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The End Of UK Democracy

Despite his growing popularity Kier Starmer will have an uphill struggle to lead Labour to a victory. The population mood has changed. With the loss of our industrial past many people aspire to different aspirations and are leaving their roots. Whilst being proud of their heritage they see themselv...