Search found 174 matches

Return

by macliam
Thu Jan 27 2022 11:17am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let's all drink to the death of a clown.....

Barry Cryer has left the stage, aged 86. He seems to have been there all my life, always funny in a clever/silly way that defied categorization. He was still funny in his old age. He loved comedy, but didn't want to delve into it - he once said "Analysing comedy is like disecting a duck. Nobody laug...
by macliam
Tue Feb 01 2022 4:52pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This governments shenanigans

Toothless.... Johnson will claim it proves him blameless, it's all down to systemic issues in Downing Street. All it has done is kicked the ball down the road. The mantra is now, wait for the police investigation and the full report. He has acknowledged however there will be a complete reorganisati...
by Chadwick
Tue Feb 01 2022 2:34pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This governments shenanigans

The report in full https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/investigation-into-alleged-gatherings-on-government-premises-during-covid-restrictions-update There is to be a statement by Boris the clown at 15:30 in the House. Toothless.... Johnson will claim it proves him blameless, it's all down to...
by macliam
Tue Feb 08 2022 6:53pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How much longer?

How much longer can this fiasco at Westminster continue? Fresh from the de-clawed version of the Gray report, now handily being hidden away by the Met belatedly deciding that maybe it should look to prosecute those who break the law...... Fresh from official reports starting to demonstrate the crass...
by macliam
Fri Feb 18 2022 2:22pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ukraine - where's the truth?

https://consortiumnews.com/2022/02/17/war-in-europe-the-rise-of-raw-propaganda/ A brilliant article by John Pilger, which deserves wider publication. I note that the US spokesman in the video follows the same playbook as out own dear ministers, presenting opinion as fact and building further opinio...
by macliam
Sat Feb 19 2022 2:00pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ukraine - where's the truth?

Propaganda is very much at play here - on both sides. However, we have been conditioned to view Putin as the big bad wolf (or is that bear?) - but this does feel a bit like a continuation of "America saving the world" now that Iraq and Afghanistan have been abandoned. Putin likes to show himself as ...
by macliam
Thu Apr 21 2022 9:22pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The End Of UK Democracy

As has been said by others, I do not accept that this is about parties, nor is it "time to move on", simply because it is always "time to move on" where Johnson is concerned. He has form as a liar, he has lost his job for lying in the past and he lied to Parliament now. He is only in power because n...
by Richard Frost
Tue May 24 2022 12:11pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Covid fines

Photo shows Johnson at a leaving party (banned elsewhere of course). He was not fined but someone else was. Why? This is not something I can get particularly worked up about. There has always been one law for them and one for others. it is just that in this age of social media and 24 hour news it i...
by Sarah
Thu May 19 2022 12:06pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The End Of UK Democracy

Mhairi Black calls them out in the House of Commons...
It is vital we discuss the F word or we risk facing regret forever.
https://twitter.com/MhairiBlack/status/ ... t64lxH59KA