Search found 138 matches

Return

by garindan
Sat Jun 13 2020 12:35am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Investment for June

You have just convinced me that you do not understand a word of what I have been talking about and have little or no idea of investment strategies. Best wishes... :wtf: You should re-read what he wrote. He is absolutely spot-on with what he says. Your tone is bang out of order once again though :th...
by BeautifulSunshine
Wed Jun 17 2020 7:01pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations to iMutual...!!!

Nothing wrong with playing the piano. I have one myself.
by garindan
Wed Jul 08 2020 1:15pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club investment strategy discussion thread

I think if we want to consider doing this with the bluechip companies and PGM then we need to get on the case ASAP. We are wasting share price rises, as it has gone up another 8% today! I'm concious this was not Richard's idea, with respect to PGM, but I know he would very much like them gone in fav...
by garindan
Wed Jul 08 2020 2:08pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

we are only talking about £600 the way the current values of those bluechip shares are sitting Apologies - this is slightly inaccurate - I have just checked and it is about £850. If we look at doing this - I would propose the following as a vote: - sell Vodafone, ITV and Aviva - calculate the overa...
by Richard Frost
Wed Jul 08 2020 4:48pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you do decide to go for gold fever, have a quick exit strategy and do not rely on organising a vote before you sell, if you need to. if you need to exit you may need to do it sharpish. Any delay could leave you with a very nasty taste in the mouth. Too high risk for me personally if you pull it o...
by garindan
Wed Jul 08 2020 4:23pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just don't get the logic of mandating that the funds be invested in PGM (which, at the time of writing, now represents nearly half of our entire portfolio!) Personally, I'd have sold all the bluechip shares a number of weeks ago and already have put them in PGM and made all the money back even be...
by richard@imutual
Sat Aug 01 2020 9:55am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Share club valuation @ 1 Aug 2020

Here are the figures for the Cashback Investment Club's latest valuation, based on our investments and cash holdings as at 1 Aug Since the last valuation on 16 May, the club's unit price has increased from £0.8058 to £1.0697 , a change of 32.75% . See Unit price calculations Members have paid a furt...
by garindan
Tue Sep 08 2020 4:01pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Member poll: Invest further in Bakkavor?

Members, Bakkavor announced their half year trading results today and they were pretty respectable considering the way the world has been recently. In light of our recent poll for investment in Pure Gold or Bakkavor and the news it would seem prudent to take stock of where we are with some other sha...
by garindan
Sat Sep 12 2020 9:18am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How our shares performed last week

richard@imutual wrote:
Sat Sep 12 2020 8:44am
The total value of our investments rose £1065.22 to £8158.64, a gain of 15%
Would be great to have regular weekly results like this! :lol:
by garindan
Fri Sep 11 2020 12:39pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've been thinking about this for a while but a few members are dragging their heels in voting. I am wondering what we should do about this. Strictly speaking membership of the club entails voting in polls and staying 'active', as well as investing regularly. However, I know this isn't always possib...