Search found 10 matches

Return

by richard@imutual
Thu Jan 09 2014 1:20pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Investment club - why and how

Ok, I've promised to get the idea of an investment club kickstarted again in the new year so let me begin by recapping on why I think this is a good idea for imutual and how I would prefer it to work.... My primary objective is to help attract and retain imutual members by offering a unique payment ...
by richard@imutual
Sun Aug 07 2016 11:56am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Share club valuation @ 6 Aug 2016

Here are the figures for the Cashback Investment Club's latest valuation, based on our investments and cash holdings as at 6 Aug Since the last valuation on 2 Jul, the club's unit price has increased from £1.0126 to £1.0481 , a change of 3.51% . See Unit price calculations Members have paid a furthe...
by garindan
Mon Jul 13 2020 1:15pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Member poll: Bluechip sale and reinvestment or hold

So I wanted to add a little personal thought to this debate. I have advocated Pure Gold Mining. I can see how we could realise a recoup of the losses made through the bluechip investments by further investing in this share. The caveat on this is I have always had 200p as a price in my head as a pote...
by hiswitzend
Mon Jul 13 2020 1:19pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whilst I can see the allure of Pure Gold, I am reluctant to put all our eggs in 1 basket.
by garindan
Tue Jul 14 2020 12:37pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should we be splitting it across the three? Either one on its own looks risky in the shorter term. Sorry, I forgot to reply to your post harinmenon - apologies. If we were talking a couple of thousand pounds to invest it would be possible, yes. However, the costs associated with buying three separa...
by garindan
Tue Sep 08 2020 4:01pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Member poll: Invest further in Bakkavor?

Members, Bakkavor announced their half year trading results today and they were pretty respectable considering the way the world has been recently. In light of our recent poll for investment in Pure Gold or Bakkavor and the news it would seem prudent to take stock of where we are with some other sha...
by Beachboy
Sat Nov 14 2020 1:18pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Member poll: Invest further in Ramsdens

I think the above observations all seem sensible and would prefer to be investing that sitting on cash so happy to support another purchase of Ramsdens shares.
by garindan
Sat Nov 14 2020 12:27pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Member poll: Invest further in Ramsdens

Members, There has been some discussion in the Ramsdens share monitoring thread. I've raised the idea of investing the remainder of our cash holding (~£800) in Ramsdens now the company has given an update on their financial footing. The company seems to have very good cash reserves and significant v...
by garindan
Sat Nov 14 2020 12:41pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So my view here is that we already have experience in this company, and before the lockdown it was doing really well for us. I don't see how the lockdown (beyond the business risk of it being closed) has negatively impacted the importance of such a business in society, in fact I think it will have t...
by burwin
Sat Nov 14 2020 12:47pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I tend to agree... rather be in the market than sitting on hands.
Personally I would prefer gold but that boat has sailed I suppose, so I back the plan to use cash and buy Ramsdens, its as good as any.
Sooner or later we will recover.