Search found 708 matches

Return

by poland71
Thu May 25 2023 3:10pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nationwide Fairer Share Payment

Not the most Mutual of carve-ups. 16 Million members and an estimated 4 Million only to receive the £100 Fairer Share payment, doesn't seem very MUTUAL to me. Had it been the other way around and only 25% didn't receive, that would be the majority getting something and altogether fairer. As it stand...
by poland71
Fri May 26 2023 9:14am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Manchester in exclusive talks with Newcastle

Yep! The Head Office. Quite a modern looking outlet if I recall.
by jaytee
Fri May 26 2023 4:58am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some savings account holders only hold an account with a few hundred pounds, with no activity for years other than annual interest accruing. Back in the 1990s it was common for people to open multiple accounts across various building societies with a £100 or so. These customers were known as Carpetb...
by blythburgh
Fri May 26 2023 9:25am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not the most Mutual of carve-ups. 16 Million members and an estimated 4 Million only to receive the £100 Fairer Share payment, doesn't seem very MUTUAL to me. Had it been the other way around and only 25% didn't receive, that would be the majority getting something and altogether fairer. As it stan...
by jaytee
Sun Jun 04 2023 1:10pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Interest Rate Rises

Raisin, with Tandem bank, are offering 2, 3 and 5 year fixed bonds at 5.25%, 5.30% and 5.35% respectively.
www.raisin.co.uk

With these figures, it suggests to me that they are not expecting interest rates to fall to the rates we saw over the last 10 years in the near future.
by jaytee
Sun Jun 04 2023 5:42pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

two good rates there.. both better than anything from Building Societies afaik The interest rate from Ford Money is actually the same as Shawbrook too, however they send me notifications that quote the monthly AER (3.69%) rather than the equivalent annual AER (3.75%) since my account uses the month...
by Sarah
Sun Jun 04 2023 6:19pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the government will only compensate up to £85,000 under FCSC Indeed, exceeding £85,000 per depositor isn't recommended and I'm not advocating for anyone to take that risk, although the FSCS guarantee is effectively a minimum. If called upon, the government could choose to provide higher compensatio...
by tonyg
Mon Jun 05 2023 5:31pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nationwide to give 5% cashback on supermarket spending

My April cashback £10 has now appeared in my Nationwide account :)
by blythburgh
Fri May 26 2023 9:17am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No more More

...Not surprised that the nearly £5 worth of points I had when they closed loyalty thing will not be added to my account if that's the case i my give this new scheme a miss :problem: I never got around to getting rid of key fob and will use it when shopping there but it could take years not months ...
by Sarah
Wed Jun 07 2023 10:56pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No more More

The only non-chain filling station I've seen anywhere near here closed years ago. So there's no such option anymore; in fact the 3 filling stations closest to where I live are all Esso branded, 2 of which are on the same road literally within a few mins of each other!