Search found 45 matches

Return

by macliam
Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First Direct

After many years as a loyal customer, I got fed up with Smile and the whole Coop Bank fiasco. So I decided to switch to First Direct, based on the many plaudits it has received. However, so far I am singularly unimpressed. Having spoken to them, I explained that I bank mainly online and like to depo...
by macliam
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:31 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Direct

OK, as I say, I'm not a quitter - and perhaps I will be won over by something in the longer run. However, the online banking interface is awful and the best anyone says is "I've got used to it". For someone to claim to be an online bank and then to provide an interface that nobody defends is somewha...
by parchedpeas
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Direct

For online they are probably not the best, but if you ever have to phone them they are leagues ahead of other banks.
by planteria
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Co-op Bank

good question. for a period they are bound to retain the brand, but going forward i'd have thought it will change :think: .
by Constantine
Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Co-op Bank

I suspect that the Co-op has agreed to allow the bank to continue to use the Co-op brand subject to certain conditions. What value that brand has I do not know. It would be linked to their 'ethical' stance. I believe that many of their personal and corporate customers bank with them for that very re...