Search found 228 matches

Return

by parchedpeas
Mon May 13 2019 10:07am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Investment for May

I backed Warerhouse REIT but I'd be looking to get in and out on it - if Corbyn gets in and he's serious about 'saving the high street' then last mile delivery is an open-goal to target. The costs in pollution, road damage and the loss of local jobs associated with home-delivery / internet shopping ...
by parchedpeas
Mon Jun 10 2019 3:07pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TV Licences: Up to 3.7 million over-75s to pay licence fee

Good.

The whole system should be scrapped, but while it is not then the poorest should get free access.
by parchedpeas
Thu Jun 13 2019 7:31pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Investment for June

Ramsdens is a gut instinct based on the current precarious nature of the economy. Liquidiating for cash is going to be a growth industry in the coming months.
by parchedpeas
Thu Jun 27 2019 6:45pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Decent news at GNK today

Up 5.45% today on some decent news with the dividend maintained. GREENE KING OUTPERFORMS BUT DAMP WEATHER HARMING CURRENT YEAR SALES (Sharecast News) - Greene King reported that it had returned to market outperformance on Thursday, due to growth from its pub company and brewing and brands segments, ...
by parchedpeas
Sun Jun 30 2019 7:13am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This Heat Thing has been around a while....

Oh my goodness. Why is it that all the Brexit fans and climate change deniers are always the same people? "There used to be hot days" is not science. Of course there was. But it's not the same thing, is it? You do know that, don't you? Because you're either joking here, or you've done no reading int...
by parchedpeas
Sun Aug 04 2019 8:40am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How our shares performed last week

I'd be happy to buy ITV too, but I reckon we're looking well into next year before we see any turn in fortunes because it's so tied to Brexit and the ad-spend downturn.

But lets put it to the vote shall we?
by parchedpeas
Mon Aug 05 2019 11:53pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How our shares performed last week

Whilst I agree with large parts of an6pan6y's post, it should also be noted that ITV still hold great IP and appointment viewing brands, which no amount of streaming services are going to replace anytime soon. There is much work to do with their online / streaming services and I don't think BritBox ...
by parchedpeas
Sat Aug 17 2019 12:34pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations to iMutual...!!!

It is in our hands to get people to sign up and to encourage them (if we know them) to stay and be active This was and has always been the plan, but there are obviously limits to the point this can reach and I'd suggest with growth slowing, we are already there. The fundamentals of the site are fin...
by parchedpeas
Tue Aug 20 2019 9:52pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations to iMutual...!!!

We talked about tie ups with challenger banks too, but if I remember correctly, we were going to try and get the site into shape first. I trust this is what is currently being worked on: for me, we need some sort of relaunch with a new look. I know these things cost money, but if there is still an o...