WPhishing scam warning email I got

Discussion about miscellaneous topics not covered by other forums
blythburgh

WPhishing scam warning email I got

Post by blythburgh » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:09 pm

It has come to our attention that some people are receiving what
appear to be phishing emails from a company posing as TNS. If you
receive an email like the below, it is not a legitimate request,
please do not reply and report it to your email provider.

Sample email:

Subject: Employment Opportunity

Hello,

We are accepting applications for qualified individuals to become
mystery shoppers. It's fun and rewarding.There is no charge to become
a shopper and
you do not need previous experience and you would be paid a starting
fee of 200GBP for every duty you carry out. If you are in the United
Kingdom, Scotland
or Wales, This job is for you!

JOB DESCRIPTION:

1. You will receive funding for the assignment.
2. You will receive the Instruction for your assignment via email on
the location and details of the assignment.
3. You are to complete the assignment as fast and discreetly as possible.
4. You will be asked to visit a business location to conduct business
be it a restaurant, shopping store etc.

PAYMENT TERMS:

For your first assignment,
You will receive a flat sum of 200GBP per assignment.
The company will furnish you with all expense needed for the
assignment and any other expense incurred during the course of
executing your assignment.
The fee is due to increase after your first set of
assignments.

Note: You are to follow all instructions given to you to the fullest.
KINDLY SEND YOUR INFORMATION BELOW TO PROCEED ON FIRST ASSIGNMENT TO
(custsareus@aol.com)

Your Full Name:
Your Address (NOT P.O Box):
City, State, Zip:
Phone Number(s):
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33

Re: WPhishing scam warning email I got

Post by expressman33 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:00 pm

just received this one , and yes , they did spell Customers as Costumers :thumbup:

Dear Costumers,
Paypal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Your account will be limited for more than 15 days. It will continue to be limited and you now do not have the ability to withdraw funds.

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

>We want to check with you to make sure that no one has logged in to your account without your permission.<

Please take a look at your account information and recent transactions. Make sure that your account information (address, phone number, etc.) hasn't changed and that you recognize all of your recent transactions.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-003-523- - .)

How can I get my account access restored?

It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the time, we just need a little more information about your account or latest transactions.
To heIp us with this and to find out what you can and can't do with your account until the issue is resolved, go to the

Update My Account

This email was sent to you for the ongoing support and maintenance of your account. To manage your communication preferences, please visit our preference centre.

Please do not reply to this email. We are unable to respond to inquiries sent to this address. For immediate answers to your questions, visit our Help Centre by clicking "Help" located on any PayPal page or email. PayPal is committed to your privacy, learn more about our privacy policy.

Copyright © 2017 PayPal Inc., 500 King St. W, Toronto, ON M5V 1L9. All rights reserved.

PayPal PPC000372:a6908c1084df0

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:42 pm

expressman33 wrote:just received this one , and yes , they did spell Customers as Costumers :thumbup:

Dear Costumers,
Paypal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Your account will be limited for more than 15 days. It will continue to be limited and you now do not have the ability to withdraw funds.

Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

>We want to check with you to make sure that no one has logged in to your account without your permission.<

Please take a look at your account information and recent transactions. Make sure that your account information (address, phone number, etc.) hasn't changed and that you recognize all of your recent transactions.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-003-523- - .)

How can I get my account access restored?

It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the time, we just need a little more information about your account or latest transactions.
To heIp us with this and to find out what you can and can't do with your account until the issue is resolved, go to the

Update My Account

This email was sent to you for the ongoing support and maintenance of your account. To manage your communication preferences, please visit our preference centre.

Please do not reply to this email. We are unable to respond to inquiries sent to this address. For immediate answers to your questions, visit our Help Centre by clicking "Help" located on any PayPal page or email. PayPal is committed to your privacy, learn more about our privacy policy.

Copyright © 2017 PayPal Inc., 500 King St. W, Toronto, ON M5V 1L9. All rights reserved.

PayPal PPC000372:a6908c1084df0
I got this as well, it wasn't dressed up too well :mrgreen:

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:25 pm

I've just received one pretending to be from The TV licencing
Television licensing in the [GB]

Hello xxxxxxxxk

Revew your TV Licence now, and you can stay relaxed and enjoy a year's worth of TV.

Your TV Licence will expire on 27 October 2018. You must renew now, quickly and easily online.

TV Licence bill overdue Notice!
actually from Japan ( sakai@top-h.co.jp )