Re: quidco results to 31/7/2011

Post by Oggy » Mon Apr 16 2012 7:30pm

Hmmm, my crystal ball tells me that handbags will be out shortly!! :o :twisted:
Thanked by: kevinchess1

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Apr 16 2012 8:11pm

richard@imutual wrote:
Indeed. No thread like this would be complete without a post from cbl being negative about imutual. Reiterating points that have been made many times before. Of course quidco can get deals that we can't at present. They have over 1m members versus our 3,000. They have £43.5m turnover versus our £40k

The question relevant here is: as and when imutual achieves a similar size to what quidco is now, would its members tolerate a difference of £5.5m between what it receives from merchants and what it pays out to members? And if the answer is "no", then that's an argument for supporting our imutual model and helping it to achieve its objectives. And that requires being positive, not negative
The only reason I posted on the thread was due to a question specifically to me by K.C. ;)

"kevinchess1 wrote:

Maybe CBL can answer how People can pay £5 a year when other sites don't have any charges"

My response was factually correct ;)

Bar the new merchant suggestion thread which I will continue to post on for as long as you continue to pay 100% rate on all no spend offers that are added to the site I will leave the rest of I-Mutual forum discussions to you and your apparent followers as I really have other things that would be much more productive for me to do.

What is important Richard is what the vast majority of active cashback users across all cashback sites think and I am pretty certain that the vast majority of those who do spend/high value type transactions are very happy with T and Q sites - Many more merchants/offers and much higher rates of cashback much more often + the sites have stood the test of time ;)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10580

"The question relevant here is: as and when imutual achieves a similar size to what quidco is now",

http://www.cashbackguide.org/blog.aspx?EntryID=57 - rest is as the saying goes is now history ;) Do you really think masses of active spend type/high value transaction cashback site users including those who like to do Gambling site offers with cashback profit will switch again :?:

I-Mutual doesnt even have Post Office as a merchant

No supplementary questions please ;)
Thanked by: Sarah

superman

Post by superman » Tue Apr 17 2012 12:39am

I don't know what's going to happen but I am really hoping for the best.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Apr 17 2012 7:29am

I think it would be a sad day with out people like CBL posting. He does remove any gloss that can be put on things. Members can then make up their own minds given conflicting views. Always a good thing to do.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Apr 17 2012 8:05am

blythburgh wrote:I think it would be a sad day with out people like CBL posting. He does remove any gloss that can be put on things. Members can then make up their own minds given conflicting views. Always a good thing to do.
Yes me thoughts as well
RIP CBL Fourum possts :(
Thanked by: cccashbacklover
Politically incorrect since 69

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Tue Apr 17 2012 8:22am

Bruce wrote:I joined Quidco and Rpoints on the same day. I was member number fifty-something at Quidco and it is amazing to see how much they have grown in size since then. Respect to them for that, but back in 2005, Rpoints had something that Quidco lacked which is why I became a hardcore Rpointer.
Wow, member no. 50 :shock: You ought to be in a hall of fame on their site :)

Out of interest, can you articulate what it was that rpoints had that quidco didn't? Does quidco have it now? And if not, do you think it's possible for imutual to recreate this?

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Apr 17 2012 8:24am

The big dif for me was the forums
And of course RP had handicap parkin
so the 100% casbac-£5 was not an issue
Politically incorrect since 69

Bruce

Post by Bruce » Tue Apr 17 2012 8:50am

richard@imutual wrote:
Bruce wrote:I joined Quidco and Rpoints on the same day. I was member number fifty-something at Quidco and it is amazing to see how much they have grown in size since then. Respect to them for that, but back in 2005, Rpoints had something that Quidco lacked which is why I became a hardcore Rpointer.
Wow, member no. 50 :shock: You ought to be in a hall of fame on their site :)

Out of interest, can you articulate what it was that rpoints had that quidco didn't? Does quidco have it now? And if not, do you think it's possible for imutual to recreate this?
They certainly commented when I made a query about 18 months ago!

I think my main reason for sticking with Rpoints is that the transactions tracked much more quickly. My very first Quidco transaction has still not tracked, after 7 years. I also liked the community.

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Tue Apr 17 2012 9:16am

cashbacklover wrote:
Bar the new merchant suggestion thread which I will continue to post on for as long as you continue to pay 100% rate on all no spend offers that are added to the site I will leave the rest of I-Mutual forum discussions to you and your apparent followers as I really have other things that would be much more productive for me to do.
I think it is a shame that anyone feels they cannot post any longer and not really in the spirit of imutual. Both sides have valid points. Although sometimes it does feel as though marks are trying to be scored.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, Squire, Kelantan

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Tue Apr 17 2012 9:49am

It would be purely a self-imposed exile. You'll see from historic posts that I've been very tolerant but it's my duty to challenge what I see as repetitive and unbalanced negativity. It doesn't work in anyone's favour
Bruce wrote:My very first Quidco transaction has still not tracked, after 7 years. I also liked the community.
Well, indeed. I do think that demonstrates that there are a lot of people out there for whom cashback rates are not everything. For starters, cashback is only one aspect of moneysaving - finding a good deal in the first place can generate far more in savings than the % cashback. And having forums plus facilities and incentives for members to post bargains and offers provides exactly that

But on the cashback front too, you increasingly see complaints about reliability and lack of response from the big sites - who actually did a fantastic job of that, originally, and it's how they established their success, not just by offering the best rates.