Possible new logo - your thoughts?

mruegg

Re: Possible new logo - your thoughts?

Post by mruegg » Sun Jul 08 2012 11:09pm

I prefer the first one - clean and modern.

uglysteve

Post by uglysteve » Mon Jul 09 2012 9:03pm

I assume the i in the first one is intentionally made to look a little like a person, and it does arguably look the best. I'm not sure ay are great, though.

2 & 3 would look great if the entire site were designed with the sketchy/workspace look, but unless that's the case it'll look like someone thought of that idea but couldn't think up a 'rough' style website.

Are we attached to pink_blue? Monochrome can be made to look cool and pretty modern...

vikpaw
Sharing: 3stars.png

Post by vikpaw » Wed Jul 18 2012 8:25pm

I like the new 'i', it's better and clearer, and looking like a person is good, regardless of the intention. Also making it more like the i you often see for 'info' is good too.

The old one defo needs sharpening.

Losing the .co.uk is also good, as you want to market the brand as is, not the site per se. If you make merchandise: car stickers, badges etc. yes it's missing the vital part of the address, but it's much more a logo than an address. you could put that in real small at the bottom of any print that requires it.

Also, encouraging people to google (or otherwise search!) the term and find the right site, will help it move up the ranks, so there is an indirect benefit. Owning other domain suffixes would be good though if possible, but there's plenty you can do to advertise the site address, including messing around with imutu.al/always and many other options.

Now to the prime question, i prefer logo (1) as it's simple and bold. No need to mess around with shading / texture, though you could use those as thematic variations from time to time, as google does, but the basics should be basic.

(4) is a close second, but as others have said seems too spindly and weak, it actually looks too tall, however it is clearer and seems brighter though that may be an illusion. would be interested in seeing it bolder.

Strapline (3) is the best as it's clearest, and that's important if you want people to absorb it, without having to actively read.

My tuppence for what it's worth. :)
iSave frequently.