Introducing our Cashback Guarantee

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Re: Introducing our Cashback Guarantee

Post by richard@imutual » Fri Jan 02 2015 2:01pm

blythburgh wrote:I got a gentle rap over the knuckles at Swagbucks FB page recently. Nick said sites like imu are in competition with Swagbucks.
Thanks for trying, and I realise one can often come against such obstacles but.....

I think sites that take this attitude need taking to task. It's a very petty attitude - in theory virtually every site out there is a competitor (for advertising revenue), including Google.

I could perhaps understand if we were one of their closest, direct rivals. But they are not a cashback site, are they?

And in the case of Swagbucks, we promote and allow extensive discussion of their site, so it seems especially mean-spirited not to return the favour :evil:

Use of referral links can sometimes cause problems; others may think you are simply trying to benefit yourself rather than making a genuine recommendation. Best to check the rules and established practice of whatever forum your posting in. But hopefully imutual members, who own the company, will already be sufficiently motivated to mention us even without a direct referral reward :)

If a site claims to genuinely have its members interests at heart, they really ought to be "shamed" into allowing their members to freely discuss similar offers (except where a direct rival doesn't afford them the same privilege).

Anyone got thoughts on this problem, and how best to tackle it? :?
Thanked by: kevinchess1

kevinchess1

Re: Introducing our Cashback Guarantee

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Jan 02 2015 11:27pm

richard@imutual wrote:
blythburgh wrote:I got a gentle rap over the knuckles at Swagbucks FB page recently. Nick said sites like imu are in competition with Swagbucks.
Thanks for trying, and I realise one can often come against such obstacles but.....

I think sites that take this attitude need taking to task. It's a very petty attitude - in theory virtually every site out there is a competitor (for advertising revenue), including Google.

I could perhaps understand if we were one of their closest, direct rivals. But they are not a cashback site, are they?

And in the case of Swagbucks, we promote and allow extensive discussion of their site, so it seems especially mean-spirited not to return the favour :evil:

Use of referral links can sometimes cause problems; others may think you are simply trying to benefit yourself rather than making a genuine recommendation. Best to check the rules and established practice of whatever forum your posting in. But hopefully imutual members, who own the company, will already be sufficiently motivated to mention us even without a direct referral reward :)

If a site claims to genuinely have its members interests at heart, they really ought to be "shamed" into allowing their members to freely discuss similar offers (except where a direct rival doesn't afford them the same privilege).

Anyone got thoughts on this problem, and how best to tackle it? :?

...errr...no :(
Politically incorrect since 69