How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Re: How much of imutual you own + updated FAQs

Post by richard@imutual » Mon Feb 20 2012 2:29pm

LOL Will do, we're just waiting on this...
cashbacklover wrote:
richard@imutual wrote:
cashbacklover wrote:I did not wish/do not wish for my shares to go back into I-Mutual "pot".
What's the reason for that?
Will try and explain later

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Feb 20 2012 2:59pm

[quote="richard@imutual"]LOL Will do, we're just waiting on this...

[quote="cashbacklover"I did not wish/do not wish for my shares to go back into I-Mutual "pot/quote]

To save wasting more time on this can I just say had a wanted my personal shareholding to go back into the pot I would have suggested it – ;)

Other respected members have commented about how you are distributing the shares – effects on the forum etc and I have no wish for my shareholding to be recycled and redistributed in the way you distribute I-Mutual shares and/or subsidise the issuing of new I-Mutual shares to be issued in the way you distribute I-Mutual shares

All that was necessary to my suggestion was yes or no as it appears to be too much of problem I will withdraw it and keep things as they are – My offer didnt involve the sum of 10.00 in anyway shape or form nore did it imply that shares would cease to be collected via transactions done on the site merely that they would be donated to your chosen Charity or I-Mutual Charitable foundation on an ongoing basis

When you created the Shareholder agreement you could have at that time included a member share receipt optout - having not done so you now see an opportunity to claw back 15000+ for 10.00

Isnt this a contradiction?

http://www.imutual.co.uk/help/15/1530/

“As we issue more shares to other members, the percentage of the company you own will decrease. But that is not necessarily a bad thing for you!

imutual's policy is to issue shares in a consistent manner, in proportion to the value that a member's actions are adding to the company.

If you agree that we are doing that, then at worst the issuing of more shares has a neutral effect on the value of your existing shareholding. Because the company's value increases in proportion to the shares being issued

But we actually think that your shares will increase in value as we distribute more shares"

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8404&start=20

“Existing member shareholders, like yourself, do benefit though, because when cbl's shares are transferred back it gives you a greater effective ownership of the company.”
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Feb 20 2012 4:33pm

richard@imutual wrote:cbl - what value would you put on your own personal shareholding?
Subsequent forum postings arose following this question
There are those who agree with and those who are convinced to agree with and I fall into neither of those categories ....

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Mon Feb 20 2012 5:13pm

Isnt this a contradiction?
Err, no. One statement explains how, if we offer further shares to entice people to do things that add value to the company, existing shareholders shouldn't be concerned about this diluting their holdings. And they definitely shouldn't be concerned if one member offers to give up their already-earned shares. No contradiction whatsoever!
cashbacklover wrote:Other respected members have commented about how you are distributing the shares – effects on the forum etc and I have no wish for my shareholding to be recycled and redistributed in the way you distribute I-Mutual shares and/or subsidise the issuing of new I-Mutual shares to be issued in the way you distribute I-Mutual shares
I think you're erecting straw men throughout this thread. Other members' concern about giving shares for posting has no relevance to this; I'm confident they wouldn't be at all concerned if you chose to give your shares back :lol:
you now see an opportunity to claw back 15000+ for 10.00
Actually, you made an unsolicited offer to give them away. I offered £10 afterwards. And as I've explained, it has no effect on me personally whether they go to charity or back into the pot
it appears to be too much of problem I will withdraw it and keep things as they are
I haven't said no to your suggestion; just trying to find a way of accommodating it that involves less work and maximises the charity benefit. You still haven't really justified your objection to my proposal, and by withdrawing your offer only a day after making it I can only conclude you have realised the folly of your ways; that the shares could well be valuable after all! ;)

It took a while, folks, but we got there in the end! :twisted:

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Feb 20 2012 5:58pm

richard@imutual wrote:[ I can only conclude you have realised the folly of your ways; that the shares could well be valuable after all! ;)

Nothing of the sort, :) just that your suggestion was completely different to the suggestion I had put forward/envisaged occurring and I was a little :shock: to read this morning that you appeared to have assumed that I would accept your suggestion before I had even answered. ;)

How about this a bit of CBL style meat on the bones to add to your 10.00 Cashback to me and I-Mutual gets its shares back proposal

( To avoid any confusion this is only a suggestion to add to yours, not a demand)

Forum promise that 100% Cashback will always apply to all new no spends/easy cash listings added by I-Mutual :P

And btw - Thanks for plugging away to get Achica :clap:

richard@imutual

Post by richard@imutual » Mon Feb 20 2012 6:28pm

cashbacklover wrote:Forum promise that 100% Cashback will always apply to all new no spends/easy cash listings added by I-Mutual :P
No, the reasons for occasionally offering less than 100% cashback have been spelt out several times, and you're throwing yet another diversion into the discussion. And why would you think I'd agree to any additional conditions when you're only bargaining chip is shares that you consider to be worthless :problem:

Let's just stick with your original proposal then. I will work out the best way to accommodate it, so long as I have your word that you're not going to backtrack on the offer?

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Feb 20 2012 6:37pm

richard@imutual wrote:[Let's just stick with your original proposal then. I will work out the best way to accommodate it, so long as I have your word that you're not going to backtrack on the offer?
Ok fine :)

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Mon Feb 20 2012 7:34pm

yeah sorry me maths was well out
What this thread does do if give a 'value' to the shares in RY/CBL eyes
Ry offered £10 and CBL turn it down
he believes they are worth more than that (0.06p I think) :?:
Thanked by: cccashbacklover
Politically incorrect since 69

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon Feb 20 2012 8:28pm

In my opinion this whole thread has been a complete anticlimax. Why CBL can't just admit he likes the idea of having the shares in case they do eventually turn out to be worth something in the end, as a free gamble, is beyond me. Otherwise it is a total no-brainer to let the charity have a tenner and hand back the shares. Wanting the policies changed to transfer the shares to charity even more affirms the case that some value *could* possibly be considered some time in the future, else why bother asking.

I'll climb back under my stone now. Adios.

Andrew
Thanked by: Mel, kevinchess1
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon Feb 20 2012 9:10pm

garindan wrote:Why CBL can't just admit he likes the idea of having the shares in case they do eventually turn out to be worth something in the end, as a free gamble, is beyond me. Otherwise it is a total no-brainer to let the charity have a tenner and hand back the shares.
Andrew
I would rather have the 10.00 + lifetime I-Mutual, 100% Cashback pledge on all new no spend cashback offers that are added to the site as those who know me well will believe ;)