Brexit

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Chadwick
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 803 times
Been thanked: 1904 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by Chadwick » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:59 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:07 am
Mmm that list isn't all businesses but the 300+ Business Leaders supporting Brexit here are: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/0 ... -a-brexit/
Back in May 2016, leaving meant staying in the single market, or adopting a Norway+ model, with the easiest deal in history just over the horizon.
After voting for that, Boris pulled the rug from under leave voters by saying they voted for something else entirely.
I don't think you can rely on the businesses in your list still holding the same position.
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx, blythburgh

parchedpeas
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 238 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by parchedpeas » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:40 am

pabenny wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:47 am
Sarah wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:54 am
Yeah, sure, because leaving with vs leaving without an agreement are the exact same thing
Indeed.

Mr Boro Boy - can you offer names of any business leaders or the like who believe that no deal is good thing?
There's a director of a limited company that has lots of inward investment from the US flowing into the coffers who is a big fan of hard Brexit.

His name is Nigel Farage, director of The Brexit Company Ltd.

At least someone is making money out of this mess.
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx, blythburgh

parchedpeas
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 238 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by parchedpeas » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:44 am

As an aside, I see one of the names attached as Company Secretary to Farage's BP (they dropped the 'N' when they got their new logo) is Mr Mehrtash A'zami.

He made a chunk of money out of holistic medicine, offering baseless 'hope' to silly people who rail against fact-based solutions, often blaming such solutions for their own problems, and prefer to 'believe' in unicorn-based fantasy.

He'll fit right in.

(https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 0/officers)
Thanked by: blythburgh, xxxraichxxx, emsky

blythburgh
Posts: 14735
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 26504 times
Been thanked: 5416 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by blythburgh » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:25 am

parchedpeas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:44 am
As an aside, I see one of the names attached as Company Secretary to Farage's BP (they dropped the 'N' when they got their new logo) is Mr Mehrtash A'zami.

He made a chunk of money out of holistic medicine, offering baseless 'hope' to silly people who rail against fact-based solutions, often blaming such solutions for their own problems, and prefer to 'believe' in unicorn-based fantasy.

He'll fit right in.

(https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 0/officers)
Snake Oil salesman meets a fellow Snake Oil saleman and joins forces. Love this bit of above post: (they dropped the 'N' when they got their new logo) so true but so many who will vote for it do not realise it
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33
Posts: 10000
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2299 times
Been thanked: 9308 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by expressman33 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Derbiean wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:05 pm
expressman33 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:22 pm
PM will seek Brexit extension if no deal agreed by 19 October, govt documents say

https://news.sky.com/story/pm-will-seek ... gTUAHCdCuI
Considering he's consistently told us that we're leaving the EU come October 31st with or without a deal he's now saying something different to the courts.

Which one is he lying to?
It's not his decision now :thumbdown:
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx, blythburgh, emsky

expressman33
Posts: 10000
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2299 times
Been thanked: 9308 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by expressman33 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:09 pm

parchedpeas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:40 am
At least someone is making money out of this mess.
Jo Swinson's husband ??
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx, emsky

parchedpeas
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 238 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by parchedpeas » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:53 pm

expressman33 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:09 pm
parchedpeas wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:40 am
At least someone is making money out of this mess.
Jo Swinson's husband ??
You mean "Jo Swinson's husband works for a not-for-profit company that fights corruption around the world, and the EU are one of their funding partners".

Does Farage declare his funding? Who pays for the B (not N) P? All those £24.99's coming from America that he doesn't need to declare. All that untraceable funding from "World4Brexit" etc.

All the leavers are dripping it in. And they're taking it from you.

Boro Boy
Posts: 4393
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 865 times
Been thanked: 1715 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:19 pm

Derbiean wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:56 am
The first link claiming that 300 businesses support leaving the EU is over 3 years old and its highly likely that the majority if not all will have changed their minds considering the utter ****show the tories have made in trying to negotiate a withdrawal agreement.

The second link starts by saying "The majority of big British business leaders are worried about the potential fallout from a no-deal Brexit." which completely negates your already poorly sourced first link and furthermore the people quoted in the second link offer no actual reasons for why we would be better off outside the EU beyond the usual rubbish of the EU needing us more than we need them, they'll come to us, blah blah blah.

Cannot say much about the third link seeing as its stuck behind a paywall but sufficient it is to say that anyone saying that brexit is nothing to worry about is an idiot by default.

So in summary boring boy, do your own homework properly in future.
The lengthy list was a distraction with entries that were incorrect, just scratching the surface and I found two entries wrong then a CEO who had no worries and was expanding his business and thats rejected by the Remoaners because it doesn't fit there cause... And just because something is 3 years old doesn't make it wrong! So you do your home work - the third link is not a pay wall and I thought you were capable of getting past it but perhaps not...! :wave:

Boro Boy
Posts: 4393
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 865 times
Been thanked: 1715 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:39 pm

Sarah wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:06 am
The third link was about McDonalds, another leisure industry player like Wetherspoons that doesn't export anything!
What has that got to do with it? Half the long list weren't even businesses...!!! :crazy:

Derbiean
Posts: 521
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:49 pm
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 416 times
Contact:

Re: Brexit

Post by Derbiean » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:16 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:19 pm
Derbiean wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:56 am
The first link claiming that 300 businesses support leaving the EU is over 3 years old and its highly likely that the majority if not all will have changed their minds considering the utter ****show the tories have made in trying to negotiate a withdrawal agreement.

The second link starts by saying "The majority of big British business leaders are worried about the potential fallout from a no-deal Brexit." which completely negates your already poorly sourced first link and furthermore the people quoted in the second link offer no actual reasons for why we would be better off outside the EU beyond the usual rubbish of the EU needing us more than we need them, they'll come to us, blah blah blah.

Cannot say much about the third link seeing as its stuck behind a paywall but sufficient it is to say that anyone saying that brexit is nothing to worry about is an idiot by default.

So in summary boring boy, do your own homework properly in future.
The lengthy list was a distraction with entries that were incorrect, just scratching the surface and I found two entries wrong then a CEO who had no worries and was expanding his business and thats rejected by the Remoaners because it doesn't fit there cause... And just because something is 3 years old doesn't make it wrong! So you do your home work - the third link is not a pay wall and I thought you were capable of getting past it but perhaps not...! :wave:
Wrong, wrong and wrong...is it that you Boris?? :lol:
Thanked by: blythburgh

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests