Brexit will have soon cost the UK more than all its payments to the EU over the past 47 years put together

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
parchedpeas

Re: Brexit will have soon cost the UK more than all its payments to the EU over the past 47 years put together

Post by parchedpeas » Sat Jan 18 2020 4:25pm

Kind of says all you need to know, doesn't it. They said 'midnight' and we had to go along with it.

Get used to it.

macliam

Re: Brexit will have soon cost the UK more than all its payments to the EU over the past 47 years put together

Post by macliam » Sat Jan 18 2020 4:47pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Thu Jan 16 2020 11:27pm
blythburgh wrote:
Thu Jan 16 2020 10:26am
People who voted leave did so knowing their own minds. Sadly too many people had been fed so many lies and distortions over the years they could not see the both arguments clearly and then decide.
The electorate always get it right and as a democrat you should realise objecting to this after the event undermines democracy! :think:
Garbage, dictators have been elected and people have voted for the wrong things in the past - so to say the electorate ALWAYS gets it right is patent nonsense. Lies, fabrications and populist fantasy have all been used before and the electorate has swallowed the bait, because it "seemed gto be right at the time".

Unquestioning faith is best reserved for religion.....
Thanked by: blythburgh, Piojito
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Jan 18 2020 9:03pm

macliam wrote:
Sat Jan 18 2020 4:47pm
Boro Boy wrote:
blythburgh wrote:
Thu Jan 16 2020 10:26am
People who voted leave did so knowing their own minds. Sadly too many people had been fed so many lies and distortions over the years they could not see the both arguments clearly and then decide.
The electorate always get it right and as a democrat you should realise objecting to this after the event undermines democracy! :think:
Garbage, dictators have been elected and people have voted for the wrong things in the past - so to say the electorate ALWAYS gets it right is patent nonsense. Lies, fabrications and populist fantasy have all been used before and the electorate has swallowed the bait, because it "seemed gto be right at the time".

These people will suit you right down to the ground, they believe votes are there to be ignored unless they suit them... just the sort of rubbish you seem to support! :crazy:

Liberal UnDemocrats.jpg
Liberal UnDemocrats
Liberal UnDemocrats.jpg (201.51 KiB) Viewed 780 times

macliam

Post by macliam » Sat Jan 18 2020 11:39pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Jan 18 2020 9:03pm
macliam wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

These people will suit you right down to the ground, they believe votes are there to be ignored unless they suit them... just the sort of rubbish you seem to support! :crazy:

Liberal UnDemocrats.jpg
No boy, I've never changed my party and don't get sidetracked by shysters and conmen..... but hey, why let the truth get in the way of your bile, you never have before :roll:
Thanked by: blythburgh, Chadwick
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Jan 18 2020 11:46pm

macliam wrote:
Sat Jan 18 2020 11:39pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Jan 18 2020 9:03pm
macliam wrote:

Liberal UnDemocrats.jpg
No boy, I've never changed my party and don't get sidetracked by shysters and conmen..... but hey, why let the truth get in the way of your bile, you never have before :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: You're soooo bitter and twisted!!!

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Jan 19 2020 7:55am

Go boil your bitter and twisted head, Boro Boy then maybe you can argue your case without insulting others.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Sun Jan 19 2020 9:29am

I don't think a resurrected brexit debate and personal insults are what we need. Thread closed
Thanked by: kevinchess1