Corona Virus Hero's

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Boro Boy

Re: Corona Virus Hero's

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Apr 13 2020 2:43am

Chadwick wrote:
Sun Apr 12 2020 8:51pm
If you want to support the NHS, read the parties' manifestos carefully at the next election and decide how important the NHS is to you, compared to other issues. If you're willing to sacrifice the NHS to secure some other goal, vote accordingly. If you think the NHS has been (literally) a life-saver and its staff are acting bravely and should be rewarded and encouraged, vote accordingly.
Got my vote - but it must be protected from become the International Health Service. I anticipate we can just not afford that to happen :think:
Thanked by: blythburgh

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Apr 13 2020 7:53am

Chadwick wrote:
Sun Apr 12 2020 8:51pm
If you want to support the NHS, read the parties' manifestos carefully at the next election and decide how important the NHS is to you, compared to other issues. If you're willing to sacrifice the NHS to secure some other goal, vote accordingly. If you think the NHS has been (literally) a life-saver and its staff are acting bravely and should be rewarded and encouraged, vote accordingly.
+1
Thanked by: blythburgh
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Apr 13 2020 11:11am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Apr 13 2020 2:43am
Got my vote - but it must be protected from become the International Health Service. I anticipate we can just not afford that to happen :think:
And that is what the parliamentary brexiteers have been pushing for.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Apr 13 2020 11:18am

A friend told me about a visit from a friend. The granddaughter used to come down for holidays with her Nana and became great friends with a similar aged child in the next road.

That child has remained close friends with my friend and is now a midwife. But sadly found her partner to be a complete and utter rat and not worthy of such a lovely young lady. So she is now living near her parents with a toddler. Good she has been able to rent a property near her family as she is doing 12 hour shifts and spends at least an hour a day travelling to and from work and changing clothes so she minimises the risk of bring home the virus. So for 5 days out of 7 she is working, travellling and sleeping barely seeing her child.

But she is not prepared to quit and stay home despite feeling terrified of getting or passing on Covid19.

And every cleaner, porter, nurse, doctor etc feels the same
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Apr 13 2020 12:14pm

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Apr 13 2020 11:11am
Boro Boy wrote:
...what we all should be pushing for I would have thought...?

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Apr 13 2020 5:07pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Apr 13 2020 12:14pm
blythburgh wrote:
Mon Apr 13 2020 11:11am
Boro Boy wrote:
...what we all should be pushing for I would have thought...?
Ummm, I think you two are talking at cross-purposes....... :eh:
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Mon Apr 13 2020 5:17pm

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Apr 13 2020 11:18am
A friend told me about a visit from a friend. The granddaughter used to come down for holidays with her Nana and became great friends with a similar aged child in the next road.

That child has remained close friends with my friend and is now a midwife. But sadly found her partner to be a complete and utter rat and not worthy of such a lovely young lady. So she is now living near her parents with a toddler. Good she has been able to rent a property near her family as she is doing 12 hour shifts and spends at least an hour a day travelling to and from work and changing clothes so she minimises the risk of bring home the virus. So for 5 days out of 7 she is working, travellling and sleeping barely seeing her child.

But she is not prepared to quit and stay home despite feeling terrified of getting or passing on Covid19.

And every cleaner, porter, nurse, doctor etc feels the same
I always look forward to your little stories.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Apr 17 2020 7:12pm