Supermarket shopping post Corvid

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
Boro Boy

Re: Supermarket shopping post Corvid

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Jun 22 2020 11:41pm

blythburgh wrote:
Sun Jun 21 2020 7:58am
Some have taken to online grocery shopping. Others have had to rely on friends and/or kind strangers. And others have gone down the click and collect route.

We are now doing the click and collect as there are a lot more slots available now. But will still have to rely on kindness of strangers for coffee as we like the one from the Co-op.

But I cannot wait for the day I can go and get my own shopping. Yesterday did a click and collect at Morrisons. And checked dates for the (bread type) Muffins before putting them in the freezer. Found out the use by date was 21st June. And the Warburtons Thins turned out to have a use by date of 18th June.

If I was shopping I would have checked dates and might have bought the Muffins as I intended to freeze them but I certainly would not have bought out of date Thins. Nor would I have bought the box of grapes from Tesco the previous week where I could see several bad ones showing before they were removed from the box.
Don't mention the Co-op Supermarket to me...! They dumped me and my community during Covid Crisis and I'm dumping them now... Don't ever fall for this "...we are at the centre of your community..." rubbish. They are no different than any other supermarket; don't fall for the holier than thou marketing!

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Jun 23 2020 7:59am

Nothing, lover of Jackdaws and I do have a great deal of affection for all the others in their family. But I was still not awake. Not awake this morning either.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Jun 23 2020 8:00am

Chadwick wrote:
Mon Jun 22 2020 8:45pm
blythburgh wrote:
Mon Jun 22 2020 9:25am
Going to but very busy Saturday so it will be this morning. Will also complain about the pot of yogurt did not have a plastic lid so will have to use some aluminium foil to cover the post once we open it.
You'll get a better seal with cling wrap.
Prefer to use recylable aluminium foil instead of plastic cling wrap.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler