I cannot get my head around this

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

I cannot get my head around this

Post by blythburgh » Wed Jul 14 2021 8:34am

Pre covid: meet up with the sister and 2 cousins of 'im indoors and their 2 husbands. Sister in law states she would not have the flu jab because her daughter has found out on the internet that they put poisons in to kill us into it. I argued the case for vaccines and pointed out I would not have mildish hearing problems and would still have binocular vision if I had been vaccinated. And pointed out how others I have known have been affected far more seriously because we were born before the measles vaccine.

Covid arrives and she says on the phone (but not to me as she knows how I what my answers will be) things like "it is only like mild flu" and "they are trying to control us".

Only met up twice since, once for lunch and they were both wearing mask exempt lanyards. And at a funeral when her husband wore a mask and she had one of those see through ones as she suffers from claustrophobia. Worried she would not be allowed in with the lanyards. Husband has epilepsy but had very few seizures due to the drugs he takes and not one for many years. And so he uses that as an excuse to not wear the mask they do not think we should all be wearing. Epilepsy society recommended all sufferers should wear mask.

But as he is over 70 he has to renew driving licence and this time they want to look into his health record so at the moment he cannot drive a car and sister in law has given up her licence. Normally when we meet up for lunch as a family they come by bus. So made sure we could meet up where it would only mean two buses for them. One into Norwich and one to here and then a short walk. A bus ride they did regularly pre covid.

But I need not have bothered as neice will be driving them down. The same daughter who has done all their shopping since Covid so they do not have to go into shops.

So the Covid rules are the Govt trying to control us, the Covid figures are much lower than the Govt, is telling us, the death rate is far, far lower etc. So why not go shopping and get on a bus after the so called freedom day? I am so confused
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

expressman33

Re: I cannot get my head around this

Post by expressman33 » Wed Jul 14 2021 11:09am

The official infection rates include people who have had a positive Lateral Low Test which has not been confirmed by a PCR test so on this count official infection rate figures may be slightly higher ( look at "Cases by test type and specimen date " https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details ... 1gpJXEv180 ) , but on the other hand many may be infected but showing no symptoms and don't get any test at all so the infection rate may be higher than the official figure. On the number of deaths the official figure is "Deaths within 28 days of positive test by date of death" . There is also another report "Daily deaths with COVID-19 on the death certificate by date of death" which the number of deaths is higher than the first. https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths
Thanked by: blythburgh

Chadwick

Re: I cannot get my head around this

Post by Chadwick » Wed Jul 14 2021 6:23pm

blythburgh wrote:
Wed Jul 14 2021 8:34am
So the Covid rules are the Govt trying to control us, the Covid figures are much lower than the Govt, is telling us, the death rate is far, far lower etc. So why not go shopping and get on a bus after the so called freedom day? I am so confused
I know someone like this.
Won't wear a mask, and gave up a voluntary role at the local premiership football ground (with advance/discount access to tickets) rather than wear a mask for a few hours while working.
But has got vaccinated. When asked why, he said his mother is elderly so he has to protect her.
Thanked by: blythburgh