new iplayer is a nightmare for some of us

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
macliam

Re: new iplayer is a nightmare for some of us

Post by macliam » Thu Dec 16 2021 11:16am

This virus - and particularly the latest version - is definitely not playing by the rules. There are so many similarities with my niece's case.... and, despite the confidence of Boris & co, triple vaccination doesn't seem to cut it...

I worry about my sister, given how close she is to my niece and how often she looks after the granddaughter, but, so far, she's clear. I am supposedly going to join them and then drive to my Nephew in Wales for Christmas. I haven't seen them for 2 years and haven't been with my nephew for 6 years, his son was a babe-in-arms when I last saw him. Everything seems to be working out - but one false move..... and tis virus can cause many!!

I hope you all recover in time to enjoy Christmas, because it's the worst of times to feel ill or cut off from your loved ones. Given that Covid doesn't stop us, I will be with members of my family, but kept apart from SWMBO for the first time in 32 years. So although I look forward to seeing everyone, it will be tinged by more than a little grief. :(
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

expressman33

Post by expressman33 » Thu Dec 16 2021 3:50pm

blythburgh wrote:
Wed Dec 15 2021 5:37pm
expressman33 wrote:
Wed Dec 15 2021 2:34pm
blythburgh wrote:
Tue Dec 14 2021 10:05am
I have a bad cold and feeling yeuk just gave up and watched BBC 2 live instead.
Have you done a lateral Flow test ?
cold not covid
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... 168J4P5PhQ
He told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that the “majority of symptoms” of the Omicron variant are like a common cold.

He said symptoms associated with Omicron included:

headaches
sore throat
runny nose
fatigue
sneezing
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Dec 17 2021 10:27am

macliam wrote:
Thu Dec 16 2021 11:16am
This virus - and particularly the latest version - is definitely not playing by the rules. There are so many similarities with my niece's case.... and, despite the confidence of Boris & co, triple vaccination doesn't seem to cut it...

I worry about my sister, given how close she is to my niece and how often she looks after the granddaughter, but, so far, she's clear. I am supposedly going to join them and then drive to my Nephew in Wales for Christmas. I haven't seen them for 2 years and haven't been with my nephew for 6 years, his son was a babe-in-arms when I last saw him. Everything seems to be working out - but one false move..... and tis virus can cause many!!

I hope you all recover in time to enjoy Christmas, because it's the worst of times to feel ill or cut off from your loved ones. Given that Covid doesn't stop us, I will be with members of my family, but kept apart from SWMBO for the first time in 32 years. So although I look forward to seeing everyone, it will be tinged by more than a little grief. :(
All you can do is take a lateral flow test before the visits and hope everyone else does
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler