Please read this post

Topical debate, moral dilemmas and quirky questions. Join fellow shareholders in civilised discussions of issues of interest
blythburgh

Please read this post

Post by blythburgh » Wed Apr 06 2022 8:19am

A young seal was washed ashore on our beach. Dead with a frisbee embedded round its neck. This happens a lot around the coast, the lucky seal is rescued. Others have huge wounds on their neck which cause huge suffering to the animal before it finally dies.

I could add a photo of the seal washed ashore here but it is too horrific for me to want to see again.

So please sign the petition to ban all freebies with a hole in the middle. A tiny seal gets it head through the frisbee which then cuts into the flesh as the seal grows. It is a long and agonising death if they cannot be rescued. A local lady has got a petition to parliament but she needs 10,000 signatures before it is even debated in Parliament.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/613442

You must go to your email after you sign and confirm the signature or it will not count.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Re: Please read this post

Post by macliam » Wed Apr 06 2022 1:41pm

blythburgh wrote:
Wed Apr 06 2022 8:19am
A young seal was washed ashore on our beach. Dead with a frisbee embedded round its neck. This happens a lot around the coast, the lucky seal is rescued. Others have huge wounds on their neck which cause huge suffering to the animal before it finally dies.

I could add a photo of the seal washed ashore here but it is too horrific for me to want to see again.

So please sign the petition to ban all freebies with a hole in the middle. A tiny seal gets it head through the frisbee which then cuts into the flesh as the seal grows. It is a long and agonising death if they cannot be rescued. A local lady has got a petition to parliament but she needs 10,000 signatures before it is even debated in Parliament.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/613442

You must go to your email after you sign and confirm the signature or it will not count.
Done :thumbup:

Only 208 signatures so far...... let's hope there will be many more
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Apr 07 2022 7:59am

I have posted it where I can but when I posted it was a very new petition.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

macliam

Post by macliam » Thu Apr 07 2022 8:26am

Now 276 - a long way to go....
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Apr 08 2022 8:11am

I contacted the lady who started it and asked if she had contacted Change.Org but she works full time and walks the beach looking for bits of glass that the sea has washed ashore. She then uses that glass as you can see her via her FB page: https://www.facebook.com/katesmakes1