When we buy and sell

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

BeautifulSunshine

Re: When we buy and sell

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sun Mar 20 2016 2:58pm

I'd be happy to sell SBRY including the selling fees at a small profit.
Thanked by: Beachboy, garindan
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Mar 20 2016 3:04pm

garindan wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:Why 2 seconders? Underdog nomination for secretary only got 1.
I think it is always a good idea to have at least two other supporters, otherwise it is a case of "me and him" think this is a good idea so let's have a vote. That could meant we'll have more votes proposed than needed.

The secretary role will become more important as we grow even if there is not a great call for that third position right now. As far as I can see it certainly does no harm.
I would have preferred to have waited until such time as the role was needed and then perhaps there could have been an election with hopefully a choice of candidates rather than a crowning. However the deed is done and I have accepted that.
Thanked by: garindan, kevinchess1

garindan

Post by garindan » Sun Mar 20 2016 7:48pm

William Joseph wrote:
garindan wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:Why 2 seconders? Underdog nomination for secretary only got 1.
I think it is always a good idea to have at least two other supporters, otherwise it is a case of "me and him" think this is a good idea so let's have a vote. That could meant we'll have more votes proposed than needed.

The secretary role will become more important as we grow even if there is not a great call for that third position right now. As far as I can see it certainly does no harm.
I would have preferred to have waited until such time as the role was needed and then perhaps there could have been an election with hopefully a choice of candidates rather than a crowning. However the deed is done and I have accepted that.

I understand this. Perhaps in a year we might be in a better position to have some changes and some more volunteers :thumbup:
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Mar 20 2016 8:52pm

garindan wrote:
As chairman I do need to make decisions and they are not always going to be to the liking of all members.
?
And here's me thinking that we are a democracy with an equal vote
Politically incorrect since 69

garindan

Post by garindan » Sun Mar 20 2016 9:24pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
garindan wrote:
As chairman I do need to make decisions and they are not always going to be to the liking of all members.
?
And here's me thinking that we are a democracy with an equal vote
You've turned the meaning of that one again kevin - I was referring to the fact a decision to call a poll might not be to the liking of all and the outcome potentially the same. At the end of the day someone has to make decisions otherwise we don't have a practical working club and would be rudderless.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, nickyu, Beachboy

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Mar 23 2016 3:36pm

garindan wrote:
William Joseph wrote:
garindan wrote:I think it is always a good idea to have at least two other supporters, otherwise it is a case of "me and him" think this is a good idea so let's have a vote. That could meant we'll have more votes proposed than needed.

I understand this. Perhaps in a year we might be in a better position to have some changes and some more volunteers :thumbup:
I'm just curious.

Does this mean I will lose the role as the voluntary imutual Cashback Investment Club Secretary?
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

garindan

Post by garindan » Sun Mar 27 2016 1:10pm

underdog wrote:I'm just curious.

Does this mean I will lose the role as the voluntary imutual Cashback Investment Club Secretary?
Sorry for the delayed response - I've been away the last week :thumbup:

To answer - not necessarily - I was merely saying/hoping that over time we will grow and more members might like to put themselves forward to help out. To date we haven't had many volunteers and over time some officers might like a break! Clearly, until we have additional members wanting to take a more involved role it is not going to involve officer changes any time soon. Again, in time, I'd like to see us have an annual vote to either re-appoint (if the officer so wishes) the existing or appoint a new officer. Until we have reached adequate maturity in terms of our portfolio content, members and workings I don't think it makes a great deal of sense to make changes for the sake of it. I'm hoping by end Feb next year we will be in a more mature and exciting position from which to think about these things more :thumbup: Until then we need to keep momentum of saving and investing, refining approach etc...

timco

Post by timco » Wed Mar 30 2016 8:50am

Well we are in profit with sainsburys as I write, but then RDS is up 12% when do we sell that one?

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed Mar 30 2016 9:47am

We can't sell either without a vote
We could sell Sainsburys if it gets to 8% profit
Unless the Chairman calls for a vote not to of course
Politically incorrect since 69

timco

Post by timco » Wed Mar 30 2016 10:07am

kevinchess1 wrote:We can't sell either without a vote
We could sell Sainsburys if it gets to 8% profit
Unless the Chairman calls for a vote not to of course
I find it strange we consider selling anything without an alternative investment we feel will do us better just because they reach a certain % growth unless your view is once they reach this they are certain to fall and you want to sell and buy back.

But then I am not a very good seller.
Thanked by: kevinchess1