POLL CHANGE RULES: Change Rules Pertaining to Source of CIC Funds

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

POLL CHANGE RULES: Change Rules Pertaining to Source of CIC Funds

Poll ended at Tue Aug 28 2018 8:27am

1. No Change - Member leaves and takes their cashback with them
47%
2. Change - Member can buy out leaving member with their own money (still bound by ALL other rules)
47%
3. Change - Member can invest whatever they want, whenever they want (still bound by ALL other rules)
7%

Total votes: 15

BeautifulSunshine

Re: POLL CHANGE CONSTITUTION: Allow Leaving Member Units to Be Bought by Existing Member

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Aug 08 2018 11:48am

William Joseph1 wrote:The main reason left the CIC because I was unhappy with its performance and could see the way it was going regarding this. I suspect, but I do not speak for him, that Kevin left for the same reasons. I would be happy to rejoin if I felt that it was improving. But to be honest I do not see this happening at the moment. The change as proposed would not have my support if I had a vote. I feel it goes strongly against the ethos of the CIC. If the proposer has so much money and wants to invest it then let him do so for himself outside of the club. I see no obvious benefit over using the CIC as a vehicle rather than self investment outside the club.

As Richard has stated in his post above. "immediate priority should be to improve the performance of our portfolio and generate a profit from our existing funds - which is the best way to attract new members" and attract back those who have left.
And so your return has come to pass.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Richard Frost

Re: POLL CHANGE CONSTITUTION: Allow Leaving Member Units to Be Bought by Existing Member

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Aug 08 2018 11:52am

Thunderfog wrote:
William Joseph1 wrote:The main reason left the CIC because I was unhappy with its performance and could see the way it was going regarding this. I suspect, but I do not speak for him, that Kevin left for the same reasons. I would be happy to rejoin if I felt that it was improving. But to be honest I do not see this happening at the moment. The change as proposed would not have my support if I had a vote. I feel it goes strongly against the ethos of the CIC. If the proposer has so much money and wants to invest it then let him do so for himself outside of the club. I see no obvious benefit over using the CIC as a vehicle rather than self investment outside the club.

As Richard has stated in his post above. "immediate priority should be to improve the performance of our portfolio and generate a profit from our existing funds - which is the best way to attract new members" and attract back those who have left.
And so your return has come to pass.
Off topic.
Thanked by: kevinchess1

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Wed Aug 08 2018 11:38pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
+1
Politically incorrect since 69

BeautifulSunshine

Re: POLL CHANGE RULES: Allow Leaving Member Units to Be Bought by Existing Member

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Aug 21 2018 8:28am

As there has been no further feedback I have started the poll.

Please cast your vote and have your say.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Re: POLL CHANGE RULES: Change Rules Pertaining to Source of CIC Funds

Post by blythburgh » Tue Aug 21 2018 10:33am

I hope there is a clear outcome and it does not remain close, currently 50/50 sigh

Cannot say which outcome I hope for as I do not have an opinion as not a club member not thought how I would vote if I was a member
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

kevinchess1

Re: POLL CHANGE RULES: Change Rules Pertaining to Source of CIC Funds

Post by kevinchess1 » Tue Aug 21 2018 12:41pm

Yes but 50/50 is a NO vote
Needs 75%+
Thanked by: burwin
Politically incorrect since 69