Buy
No votes
Sell
54%

Total votes: 13

Boro Boy

Re: Warehouse REIT - share monitoring

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Mar 20 2020 9:31am

If purchasing before (after taking all the factors into account) was a good idea, apart from the price, what has changed for members to start talking about selling? Sounds like you need to review your purchasing decision process...

Don't take too long, shares are going cheap in the current sale...!!! :wave:

garindan

Post by garindan » Fri Mar 20 2020 9:35am

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Mar 20 2020 9:31am
If purchasing before (after taking all the factors into account) was a good idea, apart from the price, what has changed for members to start talking about selling? Sounds like you need to review your purchasing decision process...

Helpful as ever.
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Mar 22 2020 12:05pm

garindan wrote:
Fri Mar 20 2020 9:35am
Boro Boy wrote:

Helpful as ever.
But what was/is the answer to the question?

Unless you want to develop a day trader approach you must be looking at the underlying factors of the company/fund you are investing in and unless those factors change dramatically I would have thought you would continue to hold or continue to purchase. If you were making buying and selling decisions purely on price, well you may as well have a computer make your decisions and I believe your portfolio would then have the potential of becoming very volatile.

Now is a time for planning to buy, surely, as assets are stripped back to basics and not just lead by market sentiments. Shares are in "Sale" mode. Perhaps consider drip feeding monthly payments into chosen share/s with sound fundamentals which are going cheap rather than committing lump sums if you are unsure when the "bottom or turnaround" of the markets will happen... (as it surely will!)

garindan

Post by garindan » Sun Mar 22 2020 3:39pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Mar 22 2020 12:05pm
garindan wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

Helpful as ever.

Unless you want to develop a day trader approach you must be looking at the underlying factors of the company/fund you are investing in and unless those factors change dramatically I would have thought you would continue to hold or continue to purchase. If you were making buying and selling decisions purely on price, well you may as well have a computer make your decisions and I believe your portfolio would then have the potential of becoming very volatile.

Now is a time for planning to buy, surely, as assets are stripped back to basics and not just lead by market sentiments. Shares are in "Sale" mode. Perhaps consider drip feeding monthly payments into chosen share/s with sound fundamentals which are going cheap rather than committing lump sums if you are unsure when the "bottom or turnaround" of the markets will happen... (as it surely will!)
You have mentioned all this before and various members have replied to you about each. We can't do day trading as that wouldn't work. We can't do drip feeding as we are a Share Club. We have no funds to invest as we just invested it all.

Hence looking at selling some shares and consolidating in fewer shares with greater potential for recovery etc...

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Mar 22 2020 8:35pm

garindan wrote:
Sun Mar 22 2020 3:39pm
Boro Boy wrote:
garindan wrote:

Helpful as ever.

You have mentioned all this before and various members have replied to you about each. We can't do day trading as that wouldn't work. We can't do drip feeding as we are a Share Club. We have no funds to invest as we just invested it all.

Hence looking at selling some shares and consolidating in fewer shares with greater potential for recovery etc...
Who's idea is it to sell at the (near) bottom of the market....??? :wtf:

Buy low sell high doesn't work as well the other way around...!!! :think:

Boro Boy wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:31 am

If purchasing before (after taking all the factors into account) was a good idea, apart from the price, what has changed for members to start talking about selling?

Still unanswered...

garindan

Post by garindan » Sun Mar 22 2020 9:01pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Mar 22 2020 8:35pm
garindan wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:

If purchasing before (after taking all the factors into account) was a good idea, apart from the price, what has changed for members to start talking about selling?

Still unanswered...
I swear you don't read the posts in the tread or you just ignore them. I wrote "Hence looking at selling some shares and consolidating in fewer shares with greater potential for recovery etc..."

So for instance, if we had sold a load of the shares we owned and put it in Ramsdens last week at 80p a share, we'd have made ~40% back in two days, which would have covered a very large chunk of our loss from the outbreak and we could then have reinvested. You do kind of profess you know all the answers and cannot possibly be wrong. I'd suggest you'd have been wrong on this occasion and the idea of selling in the bottom of a volatile market isn't as stupid as it sounds. Of course it is bold and riskier, I accept that, but it doesn't need the wft emoji - think before you type is my suggestion and consider some other viewpoints :thumbup:

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Mar 22 2020 10:26pm

garindan wrote:
Sun Mar 22 2020 9:01pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Mar 22 2020 8:35pm
garindan wrote:

Still unanswered...
I swear you don't read the posts in the tread or you just ignore them. I wrote "Hence looking at selling some shares and consolidating in fewer shares with greater potential for recovery etc..."

So for instance, if we had sold a load of the shares we owned and put it in Ramsdens last week at 80p a share, we'd have made ~40% back in two days, which would have covered a very large chunk of our loss from the outbreak and we could then have reinvested. You do kind of profess you know all the answers and cannot possibly be wrong. I'd suggest you'd have been wrong on this occasion and the idea of selling in the bottom of a volatile market isn't as stupid as it sounds. Of course it is bold and riskier, I accept that, but it doesn't need the wft emoji - think before you type is my suggestion and consider some other viewpoints :thumbup:
I swear, your ideas are not the same as your words... The talk is all about the study of the sound potential investment but you now say that is all out of the window and you want to sell and speculate on the rebound of certain shares. What next... waiting for horse racing to return and putting it all on the 4:30pm at Doncaster no doubt!!!

I strongly suggest before you engage your fingers and type you think about what you are about to say as sensible investors may get disenchanted with your short-termism approach... :wave:

The FTSE 100 index fell 128 points to 5184 points, a loss of 2.4%

The FTSE 350 index fell 148 points to 2876 points, a loss of 4.9%

The total value of our investments fell £615.98 to £4306.23, a loss of 12.5%

garindan

Post by garindan » Mon Mar 23 2020 10:56am

Whatever you say.

garindan

Post by garindan » Tue May 19 2020 1:33pm

REIT is on the move back up into profit. If it gets somewhere near where it was before the virus crash I would personally love to get it sold, as I don't see it being a big mover in the marketplace. Take the money and run.
Thanked by: Beachboy

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Tue May 19 2020 2:58pm

I would be happy to cash in the albeit relatively small profit now.