Sell
54%

Total votes: 13

garindan

Re: Warehouse REIT - share monitoring

Post by garindan » Mon Jun 01 2020 9:26pm

Richard Frost wrote:
Mon Jun 01 2020 5:41pm
The other interesting point is that there are zero/zilch CIC members complaining about the way it all works. My guess from that is that all are happy with the system as is.
This is because it is sooooooo much better than when we started for a whole number of reasons :thumbup:
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Jun 02 2020 12:04am

Richard Frost wrote:
Beachboy wrote:
Mon Jun 01 2020 3:16pm
With respect I think some perspective is needed here. We are talking £15 out of a share club holding of over £5k.
To take it a step further, it is actually less than £1 per CIC member. Less then the sort of money you would pay for a cup of coffee if you could buy one in the High Street at the moment.

The other interesting point is that there are zero/zilch CIC members complaining about the way it all works. My guess from that is that all are happy with the system as is.
That is because you are missing the point again. It is not about £15 (not that the Investment Club can afford to throw money away, pennies or pounds!) it is about a process; a mistake repeated time and time again can become very expensive!

Did you not ever hear "Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves?" obviously not! :wave:

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Jun 02 2020 7:25am

Richard Frost wrote:
Beachboy wrote:
With respect I think some perspective is needed here. We are talking £15 out of a share club holding of over £5k.
To take it a step further, it is actually less than £1 per CIC member. Less then the sort of money you would pay for a cup of coffee if you could buy one in the High Street at the moment.

+1
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Tue Jun 02 2020 3:05pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue Jun 02 2020 12:04am
Richard Frost wrote:
Beachboy wrote:

That is because you are missing the point again. It is not about £15 (not that the Investment Club can afford to throw money away, pennies or pounds!) it is about a process; a mistake repeated time and time again can become very expensive!

Did you not ever hear "Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves?" obviously not! :wave:
Respectively it is you that has missed the point. No mistake was made. I appreciate this does not support the narrative you are driving but the fact of the matter is we made an informed decision that achieved the goal we were seeking to achieve. Yes on this occasion if we had held the share a bit longer we could have made some more money but equally we could have done that and it go down instead. This is the same for each and every share we hold and decide to sell regardless of the ex dividend situation. We could look at every occasion where in hindsight we sold too early because the price has subsequently gone up but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Conversely we have plenty of situations where in hindsight we should have sold earlier and crystallized a larger profit. On this occasion a balanced and considerd decision was made and club members achieved the objective wanted.