None of the above
No votes

Total votes: 12

garindan

Re: Investment for June

Post by garindan » Sat Jun 13 2020 12:35am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Jun 13 2020 12:12am
You have just convinced me that you do not understand a word of what I have been talking about and have little or no idea of investment strategies. Best wishes... :wtf:
You should re-read what he wrote. He is absolutely spot-on with what he says.

Your tone is bang out of order once again though :thumbdown:
Thanked by: burwin
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Jun 13 2020 12:52am

garindan wrote:
Sat Jun 13 2020 12:35am
Boro Boy wrote:
You have just convinced me that you do not understand a word of what I have been talking about and have little or no idea of investment strategies. Best wishes... :wtf:
You should re-read what he wrote. He is absolutely spot-on with what he says.

Your tone is bang out of order once again though :thumbdown:
Thank you for advising me once again on how I should speak - bang out of order.

As regards your colleague I can only repeat what I said and if you would care to study these matters you would realise why he is so wrong. Additionally, when there is a cheaper route to purchasing shares why do you choose the most expensive one?

Thank you and Good Night

garindan

Post by garindan » Sat Jun 13 2020 10:32am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Jun 13 2020 12:52am
Thank you for advising me once again on how I should speak - bang out of order.
This is my job seeing as I'm someone with moderator privileges in this specific forum.
Boro Boy wrote:
Sat Jun 13 2020 12:52am
As regards your colleague I can only repeat what I said and if you would care to study these matters you would realise why he is so wrong. Additionally, when there is a cheaper route to purchasing shares why do you choose the most expensive one?

Thank you and Good Night
With respect, I don't think you understand how the club works, what kind of shares we are looking to buy and the reality of how it is funded - therefore it is quite wrong to tell the members of the club who do know how it works they are wrong, and to be frank, make out they are stupid for not agreeing with you.

Yes, whilst your research does have merits, it isn't like you have found some mythical nirvana for sharedealing we've been missing out on and it doesn't fit how we want or can function at the moment. It may well become a second fund/strand option in the future for investing in longer term income investments but we aren't looking at those right now - we moved away from that approach and agreed not to start a second fund/strand not so long ago.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sat Jun 13 2020 1:19pm

Boro Boy wrote:
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Jun 12 2020 11:42pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Jun 12 2020 9:11pm

You could still do that and build up holdings of other shares or indeed add to existing holdings on a cost efficient monthly basis...
It would be impractical for our current method of investment.

However, all is not lost, I envisage that one day we will have several funds for investors in the imutual Cashback Investment Club for different risk profiles and methods of investment. One of those funds will undoubtedly be a "low-risk income fund" and the information you have given will be well suited to such a fund.

Thank you in advance.
My pleasure.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Jun 19 2020 6:15pm

An ideal example of a Sector you could have drip fed investment into for future gains, no-body knows the exact turnaround date but possibly three years away would allow time to build up a sensible holding and ride the ups and downs on the way to that point: https://www.france24.com/en/business/20 ... 2463152530

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Jun 19 2020 6:42pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Jun 19 2020 6:15pm
An ideal example of a Sector you could have drip fed investment into for future gains, no-body knows the exact turnaround date but possibly three years away would allow time to build up a sensible holding and ride the ups and downs on the way to that point: https://www.france24.com/en/business/20 ... 2463152530
That's the crux of what you fail to understand.

The imutual Cashback Investment Club doesn't want to "ride the ups and downs on the way to that point". Our strategy is to buy good quality shares at a good price and make a profit. Not drip feed and not average out the buy price.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Sat Jun 20 2020 9:21am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Jun 19 2020 6:42pm
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Jun 19 2020 6:15pm
That's the crux of what you fail to understand.

The imutual Cashback Investment Club doesn't want to "ride the ups and downs on the way to that point". Our strategy is to buy good quality shares at a good price and make a profit. Not drip feed and not average out the buy price.
I would slightly deviate from your comments, in so far as to agree whilst it is currently not part of the existing strategy I think the idea is definitely worthy of ongoing discussion to consider the pros/cons of incorporating into any future strategy. I am aware we have taken quite a while to establish our current strategy, which in terms of process (and in the main overall performance) is working really well for us. Therefore I would definitely not want us to rush into deviating from this, however as with any strategy it should be monitored and reviewed. As part of this considering new ideas should definitely be a key element.

I think as a CIC it might be worthwhile agreeing how/when we review our strategy. A seperate thread that does not deviate off topic to discuss this and different ideas/options could be sensible. It might be that we quickly rule things out or want to investigate things further, which would be great to help the CIC learn and develop. All of this can happen in parallel to the normal day-to-day operations of the CIC which can operate in line with our current strategy, which as mentioned I feel is currently working well for us :thumbup:
Thanked by: garindan

garindan

Post by garindan » Sat Jun 20 2020 10:57am

Beachboy wrote:
Sat Jun 20 2020 9:21am
As part of this considering new ideas should definitely be a key element.
I agree. The important thing is timing. At the moment we need to completely embed the current strategy, which is definitely more interesting than what we were doing previously. Of course there is also an element to the approach that Boro Boy suggested that might attract new members whom may not be interested in the riskier approach we are currently taking, and would like to just continually invest into a small set group of shares for income. However, in order for that to happen we'd need at least need to be a) confident the addition of a new "fund" would attract sufficient interest to make it viable b) have some way of differentiating units from a new fund to the current so as to protect adverse effects either may have on the other c) there is sufficient ongoing investment from those taking part to fulfill a direct debit instruction. There are of course other matters too but these three are very important, as without them it is a no starter.
Beachboy wrote:
Sat Jun 20 2020 9:21am
I think as a CIC it might be worthwhile agreeing how/when we review our strategy. A seperate thread that does not deviate off topic to discuss this and different ideas/options could be sensible. It might be that we quickly rule things out or want to investigate things further, which would be great to help the CIC learn and develop. All of this can happen in parallel to the normal day-to-day operations of the CIC which can operate in line with our current strategy, which as mentioned I feel is currently working well for us
I think this is a good suggestion. I can make a new thread for this and we can discuss any matters there, just as you say. Having a set date to have discussed/proposed things by is a bit of a barrier, so I'd much prefer we have something ongoing and can review things in a bit more dynamic manner as and when. Within reason, I think we have to be agile enough to change direction as and when appropriate.
Thanked by: Beachboy

garindan

Post by garindan » Sun Jun 28 2020 10:02pm

garindan wrote:
Sat Jun 20 2020 10:57am
I think this is a good suggestion. I can make a new thread for this and we can discuss any matters there, just as you say.
....and here is the new thread.