Club investment strategy discussion thread

Discussion of the proposed Cashback Investment Club

Moderator: CIC officers

garindan

Re: Club investment strategy discussion thread

Post by garindan » Mon Jan 03 2022 12:45pm

So just a quick view - now we are clear of Christmas (which is always busy for me, so apologies for my inactivity) I'm going to suggest we get the next valuation done this weekend and then start investing again next week! We can use the same source of investment suggestions as before and see what the appetite is for those given as options. :thumbup:
Thanked by: blythburgh
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Jan 04 2022 5:46am

garindan wrote:
Mon Jan 03 2022 12:45pm
So just a quick view - now we are clear of Christmas (which is always busy for me, so apologies for my inactivity) I'm going to suggest we get the next valuation done this weekend and then start investing again next week! We can use the same source of investment suggestions as before and see what the appetite is for those given as options. :thumbup:
Great progress, let's get things moving in a positive direction.

Onward and upwards.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

garindan

Post by garindan » Tue Jan 11 2022 4:18pm

garindan wrote:
Fri Oct 22 2021 4:55pm
Just a quick update - we are scheduled to complete a valuation and paying those members who asked to leave at the end of the first week in November. After this we'll know exactly where we are and can then set about new investments with the cash that is at hand! :thumbup:
I'm sorry to have to report we've hit upon further issues with the existing infrastructure for completing club valuations and so forth, so we were unable to implement the valuation this past weekend :thumbdown:

Beachboy and I will be discussing how to expedite a resolution so we can get back to being fully functional in this respect. I can only apologise and appreciate it's not the best news but I promise we will resolve this in the next couple of weeks, so we can be confident with the entire process.

However, I am sure we have sufficient funds to make further investments, so in this light I propose to make a new investment poll, hopefully tomorrow, so we can try to push forward regardless of the underlying technical issues and play catch-up on that thereafter :thumbup:

garindan

Post by garindan » Tue Jan 11 2022 4:24pm

Whilst we are in this space of renewing, I know other previously mentioned some external tools for helping monitor share portfolios and so forth. I think now would be a good time to start to take a look at these tools and see what might work best for us. Hopefully there is a free service that we could use for the club, which would be easy to use, maintain and monitor?

If you would respond to this thread with suggestions it would be most appreciated. Hopefully you could also mention how what you are suggesting works too! Thanks :thumbup:

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Wed Jan 12 2022 11:17am

garindan wrote:
Tue Jan 11 2022 4:24pm
Whilst we are in this space of renewing, I know other previously mentioned some external tools for helping monitor share portfolios and so forth. I think now would be a good time to start to take a look at these tools and see what might work best for us. Hopefully there is a free service that we could use for the club, which would be easy to use, maintain and monitor?

If you would respond to this thread with suggestions it would be most appreciated. Hopefully you could also mention how what you are suggesting works too! Thanks :thumbup:
Take your pick:
https://worldscholarshipforum.com/wealt ... -trackers/
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]