*Stake*
Thanked by: Boro Boy
Politically incorrect since 69

Boro Boy

Re: New season

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 28 2019 12:32am

Derbiean wrote:
Mon May 27 2019 9:58pm
Always going to be tough v Villa but the 2 goals we conceded were gifts which is very disappointing. Villa has a good manager in Smith and given decent backing they'll comfortably consolidate in the prem.

Derby is now set for an uncertain month given the strong rumours about Lampard to Chelsea, I remain hopeful that Sarri will still be the manager for them next season. There will be a rebuilding job in the summer for us in the summer so it would be great timing for investment to be brought into the club.

Boro if your club is going for the rookie manager route in my opinion you might as well go with Woodgate as he knows the club.
I thought any Rams fan would have been more upset, getting so far and not seeming to give it your all seems like a massive waste; I thought there may even have been some calls of doubt in Lampard!

Noted regards Woodgate, interesting times ahead for us all but as regards Derby spending more money after the stadium refinancing financial trick it looks like The Rams may be spending a lot of money on lawyers and arguing they were within the financial fair play rules, that's of course if Gibbo and his mates has his way... watch this space.

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Tue May 28 2019 2:43am

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 28 2019 12:32am
Derbiean wrote:
Always going to be tough v Villa but the 2 goals we conceded were gifts which is very disappointing. Villa has a good manager in Smith and given decent backing they'll comfortably consolidate in the prem.

Derby is now set for an uncertain month given the strong rumours about Lampard to Chelsea, I remain hopeful that Sarri will still be the manager for them next season. There will be a rebuilding job in the summer for us in the summer so it would be great timing for investment to be brought into the club.

Boro if your club is going for the rookie manager route in my opinion you might as well go with Woodgate as he knows the club.
I thought any Rams fan would have been more upset, getting so far and not seeming to give it your all seems like a massive waste; I thought there may even have been some calls of doubt in Lampard!

Noted regards Woodgate, interesting times ahead for us all but as regards Derby spending more money after the stadium refinancing financial trick it looks like The Rams may be spending a lot of money on lawyers and arguing they were within the financial fair play rules, that's of course if Gibbo and his mates has his way... watch this space.
No doubt some fans will be, for me its actually the Derby way, when it really matters we fall short we did so against QPR in 2014, in 2015 we imploded when we were top in March and the subsequent play off failures since. This Derby team gave their all but they lacked the composure Villa had.

In regards to the ffp, only your club will be wasting money on the non matter as we have broken no rules, all the other clubs agree we have broken no rules (by rejecting the motion to have our finances independently audited) and Gibson knows we've broken no rules as we offered for him to take a look at the accounts which he rejected. In addition, he has no justification for only suing us when he has claimed that Villa and Wednesday did the same, the matter will be forgotten in a week or so and the whole thing casts Gibson in very poor light.
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue May 28 2019 9:14am

Derbiean wrote:
Tue May 28 2019 2:43am
Boro Boy wrote:
Derbiean wrote:

No doubt some fans will be, for me its actually the Derby way, when it really matters we fall short we did so against QPR in 2014, in 2015 we imploded when we were top in March and the subsequent play off failures since. This Derby team gave their all but they lacked the composure Villa had.

In regards to the ffp, only your club will be wasting money on the non matter as we have broken no rules, all the other clubs agree we have broken no rules (by rejecting the motion to have our finances independently audited) and Gibson knows we've broken no rules as we offered for him to take a look at the accounts which he rejected. In addition, he has no justification for only suing us when he has claimed that Villa and Wednesday did the same, the matter will be forgotten in a week or so and the whole thing casts Gibson in very poor light.
Certainly was twisting the rules or very creative accounting at the least. Certainly goes against the spirit of the rules but as you say, time will tell all I would say is Gibbo is a very determined character so don't write him off too quickly...

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue May 28 2019 9:23am

I cannot understand why anyone thinks a one season manager can manager Chelsea.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Tue May 28 2019 12:57pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Tue May 28 2019 9:14am
Derbiean wrote:
Tue May 28 2019 2:43am
Boro Boy wrote:

Certainly was twisting the rules or very creative accounting at the least. Certainly goes against the spirit of the rules but as you say, time will tell all I would say is Gibbo is a very determined character so don't write him off too quickly...
Im sure he is but Mel Morris is a self-made man who is also a life long fan of the club he owns so I believe his determination will match Gibson's.

Blyth that is what I am hoping it is too soon for him to take that job, he's laid good foundations on and off the pitch at Derby it'll serve his education as a manager better to stay with us for now.

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed May 29 2019 9:40am

Derbian, so your club has someone who actually cares about it for now and forever. Just like Norwich City. The "want a new toy" owners can end up ruining a club as they do not have the real love of the club Delia and husband Michael have for Norwich and Morris for Derby.

Compare that sort of owner to Man U. Buy the club by borrowing the money using the clubs assets to do so. Take as much money out of the club as you can . I heard one stand has had nothing done to it in the last 50 years. Unbelievable given the money they have earned.

Norwich wants to build a new stand in an empty corner when funds permit. And that would be great as the number of people who want to buy a season ticket always exceeds the number available.
Thanked by: Derbiean
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed May 29 2019 5:44pm

blythburgh wrote:
Wed May 29 2019 9:40am
Derbian, so your club has someone who actually cares about it for now and forever. Just like Norwich City. The "want a new toy" owners can end up ruining a club as they do not have the real love of the club Delia and husband Michael have for Norwich and Morris for Derby.

Compare that sort of owner to Man U. Buy the club by borrowing the money using the clubs assets to do so. Take as much money out of the club as you can . I heard one stand has had nothing done to it in the last 50 years. Unbelievable given the money they have earned.

Norwich wants to build a new stand in an empty corner when funds permit. And that would be great as the number of people who want to buy a season ticket always exceeds the number available.
Yeah but that someone may have "bent" the rules on club funding: https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... cial-rules :eh:

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Wed May 29 2019 6:49pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Wed May 29 2019 5:44pm
blythburgh wrote:
Wed May 29 2019 9:40am

Yeah but that someone may have "bent" the rules on club funding: https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... cial-rules :eh:
No rules bent or broken blyth he's lying.