Hijacked payment

Spotted a problem on imutual? If it's not specific to your account, then post here and see if other members can help. Staff also monitor this forum and will reply as necessary
jiffy128

Hijacked payment

Post by jiffy128 » Wed Sep 25 2019 1:35pm

Everyone check their payment balance outstanding.

Just signed in today and found my payment amount dropped to zero but I had not requested a payment. Gone into payment history and there is a paypal payment request dated today (September 25th) but not to my email address so not to me - I always use bank transfer in any case. I have cancelled the payment request so hopefully not been robbed.

The email address it was going to go to was ilemni@gmail.com

Anyone know this email address?
Thanked by: blythburgh

Richard Frost

Re: Hijacked payment

Post by Richard Frost » Wed Sep 25 2019 1:41pm

Have you taken this up with Richard and also changed your log in details. To do this someone must have changed your payment details and also obtained you password as it would need to be entered at least twice to get this far into your account.
Thanked by: jiffy128, blythburgh

jiffy128

Post by jiffy128 » Wed Sep 25 2019 1:52pm

Thanks WJ

No I have not informed Richard directly. I thought he or someone else involved in running the site would monitor this forum and spot it. Is that not the case?

The cancellation of the payment request has successfully brought the balance back to my account. I have also changed password.

I posted the email address thinking it may be some kind of site hiccup and a genuine person on that email has had a payment request of their own go wrong rather than automatically assuming malicious intent.

Either way it may or may not be a one-off incident. The amount in question is only £12 but if happening a lot could add up to a significant sum.
Thanked by: blythburgh

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Wed Sep 25 2019 1:56pm

jiffy128 wrote:
Wed Sep 25 2019 1:52pm
No I have not informed Richard directly. I thought he or someone else involved in running the site would monitor this forum and spot it. Is that not the case?
Not necessarily. But I would raise a query in any case.

You might also want to change your password anywhere else you use the same login details as here.
Thanked by: blythburgh, jiffy128

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Wed Sep 25 2019 2:42pm

Hi jiffy128. I can't seen any other suspicious payment requests. We do carry out manual checks whenever new payment details are submitted, so hopefully would have picked up on this. Definitely a good idea to change your password to something nice and secure (the longer the better!)

Will PM you