YES
25%
NO
75%

Total votes: 24

Beachboy

Re: POLL: We want option to transfer our shares to active member

Post by Beachboy » Fri Aug 29 2014 9:14pm

I have dipped in out of reading threads re this issue and so may have missed some of the arguments for and against - and may have missed some key points, so apologies up front if I have.

My hope would be that if I died that all the shares I have been slowly beavering away over the last few years collecting (although not massive) would at least be transferred to a relative or named person (that is consistent with any will). Otherwise the arguments that is often stated to try and persuade people to use imutual 'You get rewarded in shares as well' and 'maybe take a small amount of cashback compared to other sites because you will get shares as well as the cash back on a purchase' start to become much less attractive. I cannot realistically see the shares being worth anything for many years (if ever) but I accept that in the hope that just maybe they will. That is a gamble I see worth taking and persuades me to use imutual for the purchases I do make and to also diligently 'do' some of the dailies as well. However if some of the rewards of these transactions collected over a number of years (i.e the shares) are not ring fenced in some way for my beneficiaries and just go back 'into the pot' then the share collection element which is key hook for imutual suddenly becomes much less attractive in my eyes.

Anyway just my two penneth worth and I will now go back to making bad puns on the Caption Competition thread and asking if the Share Saving Club is ever going to happen.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Aug 29 2014 11:40pm

Beachboy wrote:I will now go back to making bad puns on the Caption Competition thread and asking if the Share Saving Club is ever going to happen.
Thanks for sharing :oops:
Politically incorrect since 69

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sat Aug 30 2014 12:22pm

Beachboy wrote:I have dipped in out of reading threads re this issue and so may have missed some of the arguments for and against - and may have missed some key points, so apologies up front if I have.

My hope would be that if I died that all the shares I have been slowly beavering away over the last few years collecting (although not massive) would at least be transferred to a relative or named person (that is consistent with any will). Otherwise the arguments that is often stated to try and persuade people to use imutual 'You get rewarded in shares as well' and 'maybe take a small amount of cashback compared to other sites because you will get shares as well as the cash back on a purchase' start to become much less attractive. I cannot realistically see the shares being worth anything for many years (if ever) but I accept that in the hope that just maybe they will. That is a gamble I see worth taking and persuades me to use imutual for the purchases I do make and to also diligently 'do' some of the dailies as well. However if some of the rewards of these transactions collected over a number of years (i.e the shares) are not ring fenced in some way for my beneficiaries and just go back 'into the pot' then the share collection element which is key hook for imutual suddenly becomes much less attractive in my eyes.

Anyway just my two penneth worth and I will now go back to making bad puns on the Caption Competition thread and asking if the Share Saving Club is ever going to happen.
Well said. I agree.

We made the loss in pounds and pence to build the company into what it is today.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Aug 30 2014 4:23pm

At the moment the "dividend" we shareholders get is paid in the form of higher cashback. At some point in the future our shares may well be worth money.

But as Richard has pointed out this could be a legal minefield. So I would rahter let Richard concentrate on building the company and deal with going into this thoroughly in the future. And if I die before it happens then I am happy for my shares to die with me.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler