ADVERTISING: One for Richard...

Boro Boy

ADVERTISING: One for Richard...

Post by Boro Boy » Mon May 25 2020 7:15pm

Richard, I have spoken before about a possible advertising campaign linked to both our 10th anniversary/10 millionth transaction. Part of that could be a radio programme campaign, especially if separately you can be interviewed by them as well as producing this professional advert for the radio which you can own and re-use on other perhaps more popular stations.

See here: https://shareradio.slides.com/online-di ... lscreen#/1 Costings are on page 5 - and should be considered reasonable if you can secure the ownership of the advert and re-use it elsewhere as well.

Your share club members may recognise the source of the material highlighted.

Do you think you can spare some time to make contact with Share Radio and see if it is something that is productive?

I realise the Share Radio will only have a limited customer base so that is not where the main audience is available but that is why I said ownership of the produced advert is important and that it is available for re-use. :think:
Thanked by: blythburgh, planteria

cccashbacklover

Re: ADVERTISING: One for Richard...

Post by cccashbacklover » Mon May 25 2020 7:20pm

https://shareradio.slides.com/online-di ... lscreen#/5 From where I am sat only winner/gainer would be Share Radio :lol:
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed May 27 2020 10:16am

It would be good for Richard to respond to this one, even if it's not for now, getting a radio advert professionally produced "... and in the can" for future use has got to be a step in the right direction...? :think:

parchedpeas

Post by parchedpeas » Wed May 27 2020 10:39am

How are you going to turn radio ears into clicks?

Very difficult.

Online ads better. And the best online ad is a polished offer on this very site.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Wed May 27 2020 10:46am

I don't think this would be a good use of any advertising budget. Firstly due to timing, i.e. the 'product' (the site) needs to have undergone its full makeover before it is worth seriously pushing and secondly I don't think radio advertising compared to other possiblities would be the best method.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed May 27 2020 4:13pm

Beachboy wrote:
Wed May 27 2020 10:46am
I don't think this would be a good use of any advertising budget. Firstly due to timing, i.e. the 'product' (the site) needs to have undergone its full makeover before it is worth seriously pushing and secondly I don't think radio advertising compared to other possiblities would be the best method.
Timing is irrelevant, its the production of a professional advert that can be used at any date in the future or present on this and other radio stations - don't you think we have a captive audience whilst the lock down remains for a large proportion of the population? :eh:

garindan

Post by garindan » Wed May 27 2020 4:30pm

So if we pay the asking price for the advert creation and then pay for monthly advertising for a while to back up a paid for radio interview, how much in cashback would we have to turnover to hit bonus levels to just break even?

Second point is what happens if/when there is a name change and/or significant alterations to branding?
Chairman: iMutual's Cashback Investment Club (CIC) - contact me about joining!
Visit the Cashback Investment Club forum to find out more.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Wed May 27 2020 5:02pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Wed May 27 2020 4:13pm
Beachboy wrote:
Wed May 27 2020 10:46am
Timing is irrelevant, its the production of a professional advert that can be used at any date in the future or present on this and other radio stations - don't you think we have a captive audience whilst the lock down remains for a large proportion of the population? :eh:
I disagree that timing is irrelevant, in fact I think it is crucial so we will have to agree to disagree on that. Also as mentioned I don't think radio is the best method of spending any advertising budget, but would be happy to be convinced otherwise but only on the basis of a very clear business case being presented highlighting how it compared to other options. Then there is also the question, even if radio generally is a good option is this particular opportunity a good one. I could go on but essentially whilst I admire your commitment to generate business I personally don't think this presents a good opportunity - there is no robust business case and think it is just an unnecessary distraction for Richard who with limited time working at Imutual at present has more important tasks. Not looking for an arguement or trying to be confrontational in any way but that is just my opinion.

richard@imutual
Sharing: 2stars.png

Post by richard@imutual » Wed May 27 2020 5:16pm

I agree. This isn't something I think we should pursue, for the reasons given by others above
Thanked by: garindan

planteria

Post by planteria » Wed May 27 2020 7:52pm

firstly, well done to Boro Boy for coming up with the idea.

timing it important in two respects: one we want to have the site/offer right in readiness for an advertising campaign, two we could work to a milestone - as BB suggests.

following the EGM i think the most important thing is that We Do Do Something. on that basis we should all welcome any ideas that are put forward, and then discuss their merits/otherwise.
Thanked by: garindan, Boro Boy, blythburgh