What happens to the Marcus's ...?

Where new members can introduce themselves and others can make them feel welcome :)
Boro Boy

What happens to the Marcus's ...?

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Apr 14 2018 11:04pm

What happens to the Marcus999's (he introduced himself as a new member 11/04/2018) of this world after they have joined iMutual?

Should some thought be but into a programme of contacts to get them established and become a fuller contributing member of the site? I would like to think that a more active member will be more likely to introduce referrals...

Positive comments welcome. :eh:

BeautifulSunshine

Re: What happens to the Marcus's ...?

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Sun Apr 15 2018 7:00am

Seems to have gone silent. I hope he's back soon.
Thanked by: Boro Boy
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Sun Apr 15 2018 9:58am

One posts/One ish day wonders are actually very common in this thread, I have for a long time wondered with months often go with no activity in this thread whether some of these threads started by supposed new members are actually created merely to generate Forum activity.

14 posts = One day wonder x the amount of occasions that similar thing has occurred.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=73025

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Apr 15 2018 10:09am

I think it is up to the individual, what/how much they participate in the forums. If they want to they will if they don't they won't. Its quite lively already and if people feel a need they will get involved. Truth is very few people care about the community or shares aspect. Few believe its a 100% C/B site and not that many have the time or patience to get involved in it. Personally I am grateful for it and learn a lot from it. Certainly without it I would have missed out on many earning opportunities. Which at the end of the day is what it is all about.

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Sun Apr 15 2018 10:26am

William Joseph1 wrote:I think it is up to the individual, what/how much they participate in the forums. If they want to they will if they don't they won't. Its quite lively already and if people feel a need they will get involved..
Isnt about participation, lots of these supposed new members spent seemingly time to visit the forum and post in hello thread then didnt even visit the forum again, they did however generate a lot of forum posts by ...............

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26859
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Apr 15 2018 10:40am

cccashbacklover wrote:
William Joseph1 wrote:I think it is up to the individual, what/how much they participate in the forums. If they want to they will if they don't they won't. Its quite lively already and if people feel a need they will get involved..
Isnt about participation, lots of these supposed new members spent seemingly time to visit the forum and post in hello thread then didnt even visit the forum again, they did however generate a lot of forum posts by ...............

I think you should have said do not post again, a lot of people prefer to be lurkers
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Apr 15 2018 10:53am

cccashbacklover wrote:

I was not responding to your post in particular but to the thread in general terms. As I remember it was xxraichxx who originally asked for the topic to be created as a way of welcoming new members. It is inevitable that one post by a new member will generate lots of replies in the way of welcomes. I see nothing sinister or in the way of a conspiracy theory to make the forum more active about that.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, Kelantan

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Sun Apr 15 2018 10:54am

blythburgh wrote:
I think you should have said do not post again, a lot of people prefer to be lurkers

I meant what I said, didnt visit the forum again, didnt do clicks or a cashback offer and then merely click on forum again

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=11625

Or as in this case did check back in the following day :roll:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=11621

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sun Apr 15 2018 10:56am

cccashbacklover wrote:
blythburgh wrote: I think you should have said do not post again, a lot of people prefer to be lurkers
I meant what I said, didnt visit the forum again, didnt do clicks or a cashback offer and then merely click on forum again

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=11625

Or as in this case did check back in the following day :roll:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=11621
You have far to much time on your hands.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, Kelantan

cccashbacklover

Post by cccashbacklover » Sun Apr 15 2018 10:58am

William Joseph1 wrote:[. As I remember it was xxraichxx who originally asked for the topic to be created as a way of welcoming new members. .
No it was Peaches40 who got a special award for the suggestion ( remember those) and of course the thread could be maniipulated to generate forum activity because forum activity is important to certain people.