Media articles about money-saving topics

Leave or Stay the EU

You may select 1 option

View results

Boro Boy

Re: EU Ref

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Jun 25 2016 1:59am

blythburgh wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:A Victory for Democracy and common sense...
A victory for the liars and the very right wing British press who brainwashed far too many people.
Comments like that are going to bring us all together isn't it. My guess is you must have missed all the exaggeration and lies from the remain side and as for brainwashing - don't demean the British people - the majority understand when the tyranny of no representation is occurring and the epitome is the EU where 60% of UK Laws & Regulations where imposed on them by 28 EU Commissioners and an EU Council President who are unelected and cannot be replaced. 60% is no myth. It is the opinion of the House of Commons library. Secondly, a single, once every 40 years referendum, is hardly equivalent to being able to vote (or not) for the politicians who increasingly govern our lives. This is dictatorship, not democracy and we are better off out.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, Phil85

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Sat Jun 25 2016 2:13am

Both sides have told lies (the 350m a day extra for the NHS...that was a lie) nobody is coming out of this with integrity and the laws well;

"A research paper published in 2010 from the House of Commons Library may shed some light on the matter. It claims that between 1997 and 2009, 6.8 per cent of primary legislation and 14.1 per cent of secondary legislation had a role in implementing rules that came from the EU."

http://www.cityam.com/1413208641/how-mu ... s-brussels
Thanked by: blythburgh

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat Jun 25 2016 6:35am

The Brexit-Backers Who Regret Not Voting Remain After EU Referendum Results
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/b ... _hp_ref=uk

Honestly, I've never been so glad that we don't have PR; unfortunately this disaster of a result and its inevitable consequences has shown only too clearly that Thatcher was right about the dangers of referendums. :(
Thanked by: blythburgh, Chadwick

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sat Jun 25 2016 7:21am

Boro Boy wrote:
blythburgh wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:A Victory for Democracy and common sense...
A victory for the liars and the very right wing British press who brainwashed far too many people.
Comments like that are going to bring us all together isn't it. My guess is you must have missed all the exaggeration and lies from the remain side and as for brainwashing - don't demean the British people - the majority understand when the tyranny of no representation is occurring and the epitome is the EU where 60% of UK Laws & Regulations where imposed on them by 28 EU Commissioners and an EU Council President who are unelected and cannot be replaced. 60% is no myth. It is the opinion of the House of Commons library. Secondly, a single, once every 40 years referendum, is hardly equivalent to being able to vote (or not) for the politicians who increasingly govern our lives. This is dictatorship, not democracy and we are better off out.
Your comments don't help either. Instead of crowing and trying to prove facts and figures move on and help build the uncertain future. Arguments about the past do not help.
Thanked by: blythburgh, kevinchess1

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Jun 25 2016 8:45am

I have never been more grateful not to have children. I have watched with sorrow how hard it is for the young to buy a house due to successive Govt's not doing enough to encourage more housebuilding and the buy to let brigade pushing up the price of all the starter homes the young buy.

And the would be home buyers are left paying huge rents or living with their parents. Thank you so much Margaret Thatcher for selling off Council houses but not building more to replace them.

Now the young who have managed to get a mortgage are at a far higher risk of losing their jobs and the house they have lovingly made their own. And even if they keep their jobs the cost of living will go up, petrol price rises are already in the pipeline. It will make paying the mortgare/rent so much harder.

The turkeys voted to leave and everyone will suffer.

And now the Brexit side are back tracking on their promises. But I knew that would happen.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Sat Jun 25 2016 8:47am

blythburgh wrote:I have never been more grateful not to have children. I have watched with sorrow how hard it is for the young to buy a house due to successive Govt's not doing enough to encourage more housebuilding and the buy to let brigade pushing up the price of all the starter homes the young buy.

And the would be home buyers are left paying huge rents or living with their parents. Thank you so much Margaret Thatcher for selling off Council houses but not building more to replace them.

Now the young who have managed to get a mortgage are at a far higher risk of losing their jobs and the house they have lovingly made their own. And even if they keep their jobs the cost of living will go up, petrol price rises are already in the pipeline. It will make paying the mortgare/rent so much harder.

And now the Brexit side are back tracking on their promises. But I knew that would happen.
William Joseph wrote:Your comments don't help either. Instead of crowing and trying to prove facts and figures move on and help build the uncertain future. Arguments about the past do not help.
The comment applies equally to you as well.
Thanked by: kevinchess1, blythburgh

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Jun 25 2016 9:11am

Sarah wrote:The Brexit-Backers Who Regret Not Voting Remain After EU Referendum Results
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/b ... _hp_ref=uk

Honestly, I've never been so glad that we don't have PR; unfortunately this disaster of a result and its inevitable consequences has shown only too clearly that Thatcher was right about the dangers of referendums. :(

And how would a PR vote made a difference exactly?
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Jun 25 2016 9:23am

William Joseph wrote:
blythburgh wrote:I have never been more grateful not to have children. I have watched with sorrow how hard it is for the young to buy a house due to successive Govt's not doing enough to encourage more housebuilding and the buy to let brigade pushing up the price of all the starter homes the young buy.

William Joseph wrote:Your comments don't help either. Instead of crowing and trying to prove facts and figures move on and help build the uncertain future. Arguments about the past do not help.
The comment applies equally to you as well.
I am not crowing but weeping for the young of this country and all those currently in work or looking for a job.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat Jun 25 2016 10:24am

kevinchess1 wrote:And how would a PR vote made a difference exactly?
I'm sure you know the answer already. If we had PR at the last general election then UKIP would have gained many more MPs; had people voted in the same way it would've been 82 instead of 1.

kevinchess1

Post by kevinchess1 » Sat Jun 25 2016 10:37am

Sarah wrote:
kevinchess1 wrote:And how would a PR vote made a difference exactly?
I'm sure you know the answer already. If we had PR at the last general election then UKIP would have gained many more MPs; had people voted in the same way it would've been 82 instead of 1.
Yes but how would that HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE TO THE EU Vote.
Last edited by kevinchess1 on Sat Jun 25 2016 10:53am, edited 1 time in total.
Politically incorrect since 69