Media articles about money-saving topics
macliam

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by macliam » Sun Mar 10 2019 11:45pm

Derbiean wrote:
Sun Mar 10 2019 10:50pm
pabenny wrote:
Sun Mar 10 2019 2:51pm
Mr Osborne is now longer a British citizen and doesn't have the right to remain in the UK. Where should he be deported to? And why should that country accept him?
USA he'd be in good company :problem: or as I said bring back the death penalty.
yeah and let's reintroduce witch burning and dragon slaying while were at it. :roll:
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Mar 11 2019 12:20am

macliam wrote:
Sun Mar 10 2019 9:46am
Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Mar 10 2019 9:24am
pabenny wrote:
Sun Mar 10 2019 9:17am

Is that what IS want to achieve in the UK?

They may have wanted to establish a caliphate in the Middle East based on their warped interpretation of Islam. But over here they seem more like a deadly version of the Judean People's Front and fellow travellers, who were going to capture Pilate's wife and make demands. Only they were far from clear what those demands might be.
You said it all for me at "...warped interpretation of Islam." Why would we want these people (sic) back at all...!?! :think:
It's not for you to "want", they have a right as British citizens and the horse has already bolted - the only "simples" is you. Closing your eyes to the problem won't make it go away. Unfortunately, there are enough like you to make Mr "future PM" Javid think that pandering to short-sighted populism will gain him advantage.
This weekend I went to the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, they have one of the largest model railway layouts in the UK at New Romney Station where I greatly enjoyed pushing buttons; you should have come with me as you seem to like trying to push buttons!

Truth is I don't know why you or indeed anyone on here needs to get personal or vindictive with their comments - but you still persist... shame it is so demeaning but you seem to love distorting matters to embrace victimhood and bulling those who do not agree. Oh well have your fun, just do us all a favour and leave the personal bit out... :wave:

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Mar 11 2019 1:00am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Mar 11 2019 12:20am
This weekend I went to the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway,
A bit to close to me for comfort. It is bad enough having to put up with you on here. Never mind so close to home.

macliam

Post by macliam » Mon Mar 11 2019 1:33am

Boro Boy wrote:
This weekend I went to the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, they have one of the largest model railway layouts in the UK at New Romney Station where I greatly enjoyed pushing buttons; you should have come with me as you seem to like trying to push buttons!

Truth is I don't know why you or indeed anyone on here needs to get personal or vindictive with their comments - but you still persist... shame it is so demeaning but you seem to love distorting matters to embrace victimhood and bulling those who do not agree. Oh well have your fun, just do us all a favour and leave the personal bit out... :wave:
Grow up! You have so many buttons, you must look like the pearly king....
But, as long as you keep posting things for me to rebut, I (and others) will continue to point out the flaws in your reasoning - this is not your personal playground where you can trot out your prejudices and expect applause. To this end, I would point out that it is you who seems to be embracing victimhood - I think you'll be hard pressed to find an example where I do - and if countering your comments is bullying, then Lord help us all.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Mar 11 2019 6:22am

Derbiean wrote:
pabenny wrote:
Mr Osborne is now longer a British citizen and doesn't have the right to remain in the UK. Where should he be deported to? And why should that country accept him?
USA he'd be in good company ..
What about the second part of that question: Why should the USA accept him? His crimes would be crimes there, too.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Mar 11 2019 7:06am

Boro Boy wrote:
Truth is I don't know why ...anyone on here needs to get personal or vindictive with their comments...bulling those who do not agree.
I've just (quickly) reviewed the whole thread. I saw couple of fairly mild personal comments - people calling each other naive. Vindictive - yes, towards IS and their like. And nothing that might be called bullying.

There are clearly some strongly held views and for the most part discussion has remained civil. But the last few posts have degenerated.

Everyone
- let's try to avoid personal comments
- maybe avoid phrases such as "people like you" when what is meant is "people with similar views". That way it sounds less personal
- let's also try to avoid rising to them. There are some who are too ready to take offence at what they see as personal comments when they are simply disagreement.

RonFlorabud

Post by RonFlorabud » Mon Mar 11 2019 8:12am

Why are we even discussing it?
Why is this news?
Surely there are more important things going on in the world?

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Mon Mar 11 2019 8:41am

macliam wrote:
Sun Mar 10 2019 11:45pm
Derbiean wrote:
pabenny wrote:
USA he'd be in good company :problem: or as I said bring back the death penalty.
yeah and let's reintroduce witch burning and dragon slaying while were at it. :roll:
What have you got against dragons? :mrgreen:

In any case there is merit to using the death penalty for the extremely serious cases.

Derbiean

Post by Derbiean » Mon Mar 11 2019 8:43am

pabenny wrote:
Mon Mar 11 2019 6:22am
Derbiean wrote:
pabenny wrote:
USA he'd be in good company ..
What about the second part of that question: Why should the USA accept him? His crimes would be crimes there, too.
I wasn't sincere about that part, as you say no other country would take him hence the suggestion of the death penalty in this particular case.

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Mon Mar 11 2019 9:25am

Derbiean wrote:
Mon Mar 11 2019 8:41am
In any case there is merit to using the death penalty for the extremely serious cases.
Whilst I don't agree, I do respect your view. It's a very different subject, though and perhaps left for another thread another day.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Derbiean