IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Media articles about money-saving topics
blythburgh
Posts: 14672
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 26404 times
Been thanked: 5404 times
Contact:

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by blythburgh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:35 am

Reasons for letting her and other Daesh brides back:

They were born here and we let them be radicalised.

It stops them being martyrs

It stops them being Daish poster girls.

The country of their parents birth does not want to accept them as they were not born there or have even lived there.

Reasons for not her and other Daesh brides back:

It would cost too much too deradicalise her and she could infect those around her

I would let them back but not without a "welcoming" committee.
Thanked by: RonFlorabud
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy
Posts: 4359
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 856 times
Been thanked: 1710 times
Contact:

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:10 pm

macliam wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:33 am
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:20 am
This weekend I went to the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway, they have one of the largest model railway layouts in the UK at New Romney Station where I greatly enjoyed pushing buttons; you should have come with me as you seem to like trying to push buttons!

Truth is I don't know why you or indeed anyone on here needs to get personal or vindictive with their comments - but you still persist... shame it is so demeaning but you seem to love distorting matters to embrace victimhood and bulling those who do not agree. Oh well have your fun, just do us all a favour and leave the personal bit out... :wave:
Grow up! You have so many buttons, you must look like the pearly king....
But, as long as you keep posting things for me to rebut, I (and others) will continue to point out the flaws in your reasoning - this is not your personal playground where you can trot out your prejudices and expect applause. To this end, I would point out that it is you who seems to be embracing victimhood - I think you'll be hard pressed to find an example where I do - and if countering your comments is bullying, then Lord help us all.
...and what are your prejudices? Anyone who has a different view to you? :wtf:

Boro Boy
Posts: 4359
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 856 times
Been thanked: 1710 times
Contact:

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:24 pm

pabenny wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:06 am
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:20 am
Truth is I don't know why ...anyone on here needs to get personal or vindictive with their comments...bulling those who do not agree.
I've just (quickly) reviewed the whole thread. I saw couple of fairly mild personal comments - people calling each other naive. Vindictive - yes, towards IS and their like. And nothing that might be called bullying.

There are clearly some strongly held views and for the most part discussion has remained civil. But the last few posts have degenerated.

Everyone
- let's try to avoid personal comments
- maybe avoid phrases such as "people like you" when what is meant is "people with similar views". That way it sounds less personal
- let's also try to avoid rising to them. There are some who are too ready to take offence at what they see as personal comments when they are simply disagreement.
Saying someone is naïve is just a comment and not given with malice or bad intent.

In short, it's not what is said it is the way it is said by some that is sad.

Some do not sound to have good intent and wait to pounce on peoples comments and I will always think that this will scare off the newer members. Every 6 months or so we all go through this self regulating again but the truth is many walls may have ears but they don't listen.

macliam
Posts: 7929
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1265 times
Been thanked: 6159 times
Contact:

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by macliam » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Derbiean wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:41 am
macliam wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:45 pm
Derbiean wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:50 pm


USA he'd be in good company :problem: or as I said bring back the death penalty.
yeah and let's reintroduce witch burning and dragon slaying while were at it. :roll:
What have you got against dragons? :mrgreen: In any case there is merit to using the death penalty for the extremely serious cases.
I've known a few dragons.... and a witch or two ;)

As to your claim regarding capital punishment, that's a whole new discussion. However, whilst you may feel there is merit, your opinion is not one I share.

In my opinion there is no merit in the penalty and valid arguments against it - not the least being the negligible impact of such punishment on criminality (check the stats for US states). A bit like leaving Shamima to rot, it might appease a thirst for vengeance, but it doesn't actually move us forward or prevent future criminality overall.

I now await someone to come up with the brilliant insight that it will stop the condemned from committing future crimes (like Shamima) - but I'm more concerned with the overall impact on society than on one sorry individual.
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

macliam
Posts: 7929
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1265 times
Been thanked: 6159 times
Contact:

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by macliam » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:06 pm

Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:10 pm
..and what are your prejudices? Anyone who has a different view to you? :wtf:
I'm sure you would be quick to point them out ;) - and again, I reserve the right to make my point robustly. If I actually posted what I though about some comments, you'd probably blow a valve. :o I am guilty of not always framing my comments as my opinion - but I never claim that everyone supports me and I'm ready to back up my claims, if challenged.
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Saying someone is naïve is just a comment and not given with malice or bad intent.

In short, it's not what is said it is the way it is said by some that is sad.
Actually, suggesting someone is naïve is malicious, when the intent is not to comment on the person, but to demean their argument.
Boro Boy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:24 pm
Some do not sound to have good intent and wait to pounce on peoples comments and I will always think that this will scare off the newer members. Every 6 months or so we all go through this self regulating again but the truth is many walls may have ears but they don't listen.
(my highlighting) You are the only one who regularly resorts to this claim - usually when you your arguments are rebuffed. However, you are also the one who is regularly challenged for spinning news in support of your own views..... and that has also been discussed on many occasions. So you'll excuse my cynicism when you claim to speak for the good of the forum.

I think this has given enough oxygen to the subject.
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

William Joseph1
Posts: 10576
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2164 times
Been thanked: 5079 times
Contact:

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Meanwhile back on track, Although I can't resist saying that some people will always want to be seen as victims and are never in the wrong. Even though the evidence is overwhelming.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/100114/what-w ... newsletter

Jeremy Hunt wants to Repatriate the children. This assumes of course that those whom Savid Javid has stripped of their citizenship want their children bought up in a country that does not want them, the parents. What will he do with them I wonder? Foster Homes? I thought there was a national Shortage of Foster carers. Maybe he is expecting the Grandparents to care for them. Will they want to? A lot more thinking to be done I suggest.
Thanked by: macliam, Dream on

macliam
Posts: 7929
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1265 times
Been thanked: 6159 times
Contact:

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by macliam » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:59 pm

It sounds to me like one politician seeking to profit from criticisms of the actions another politician sought to profit from....and both are equally badly thought through.

Unfortunately, once the soundbites die down, these kids would be dumped into a system that can't deal with them - because there is no will to see the issue resolved. They will end up being landed on people who are unaware of their issues and/or ill-equipped to deal with them without support, like the Parsons Green bomber's foster parents https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47483887
Thanked by: William Joseph1, Dream on
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

William Joseph1
Posts: 10576
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2164 times
Been thanked: 5079 times
Contact:

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by William Joseph1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:53 am

Shamima Begum: IS bride 'given legal aid' for citizenship fight
Story here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47934721
Thanked by: blythburgh

Oggy
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:28 pm
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 307 times
Contact:

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by Oggy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:12 pm

An effing disgrace. :(
Thanked by: RonFlorabud

macliam
Posts: 7929
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Location: By the Deben, Suffolk
Has thanked: 1265 times
Been thanked: 6159 times
Contact:

Re: IS Teenager Shaminna Begum to lose British Citizenship

Post by macliam » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:19 pm

[/quote]
William Joseph1 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:53 am
Shamima Begum: IS bride 'given legal aid' for citizenship fight
Story here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47934721
Oggy wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:12 pm
An effing disgrace. :(
Well, that's an interesting assessment - a board charged with deciding on the allocation of limited legal aid funding has decided that the request has merit - and you think that's a disgrace :roll:

At the same time, and strangely preemptive of this decision, reports have been published that she sewed people into suicide vests and was active in the daesh "morality police". This was reported in the Independent as having been reported in the Telegraph...... I don't know about you, but I always feel uncomfortable when one newspaper uses another to "prove" its claims. :shifty:

I have always said that she should face whatever charges are brought against her, but these reports can only prejudice the chances of a fair trial. Odd that they should be published just as the family have succeeded in gaining legal aid support, eh? :eh:
Thanked by: blythburgh
Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest