"We are soooo Green...!?!"

Media articles about money-saving topics
Boro Boy
Posts: 4212
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 1635 times
Contact:

"We are soooo Green...!?!"

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:07 pm

"We are soooo Green!"... Don't make me laugh! All we are doing with electric cars, green energy etc. is moving the problem elsewhere... https://www.france24.com/en/20190614-re ... 2463152530 :eh:

...all this in the wake of the TV report on UK's waste plastic mountains in the Malaysian jungle.... :problem:

William Joseph1
Posts: 10487
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2130 times
Been thanked: 4995 times

Re: "We are soooo Green...!?!"

Post by William Joseph1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:11 pm

Nowhere near the Malaysian Jungle. Port Klang is not far from the Capital, Kuala Lumpur.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rigin.html
'These containers were illegally brought into the country under false declaration and other offences which clearly violates our environmental law,' Yeo told reporters, after inspecting the shipments at Port Klang, on the outskirts of the capital.
There is no new news in your post. The UK (Much to its shame) has been shipping its waste to China for years. Now China has said It will not take it the waste disposal companies are desperate to offload it and are doing so wherever they can.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Dream on
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Boro Boy
Posts: 4212
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 1635 times
Contact:

Re: "We are soooo Green...!?!"

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:47 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:11 pm
Nowhere near the Malaysian Jungle. Port Klang is not far from the Capital, Kuala Lumpur.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rigin.html
'These containers were illegally brought into the country under false declaration and other offences which clearly violates our environmental law,' Yeo told reporters, after inspecting the shipments at Port Klang, on the outskirts of the capital.
There is no new news in your post. The UK (Much to its shame) has been shipping its waste to China for years. Now China has said It will not take it the waste disposal companies are desperate to offload it and are doing so wherever they can.

The waste I mentioned on the TV programme mentioned the "Malaysian jungle".

https://www.france24.com/en/20190614-re ... 2463152530

Additionally, this may not be news to the informed but to all other than yourself I am sure the video confirms the waste exportation realities, if it be legal or not; this article confirms it is happening and therefore valued information and therefore news worthy of a presence on iMutual... :wtf:

William Joseph1
Posts: 10487
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2130 times
Been thanked: 4995 times

Re: "We are soooo Green...!?!"

Post by William Joseph1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:08 pm

The article you have referenced in your post is referring to
Inside Ghana’s 'graveyard' for Europe’s e-waste
You have not posted any reference to any programmes or articles which refer to Malaysia's Jungle. This makes it hearsay rather than fact.
Thanked by: blythburgh, Dream on
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

kevinchess1
Posts: 21642
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:02 pm
Sharing: 2stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 10767 times
Been thanked: 14564 times
Contact:

Re: "We are soooo Green...!?!"

Post by kevinchess1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:47 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:11 pm
Nowhere near the Malaysian Jungle. Port Klang is not far from the Capital, Kuala Lumpur.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rigin.html
'These containers were illegally brought into the country under false declaration and other offences which clearly violates our environmental law,' Yeo told reporters, after inspecting the shipments at Port Klang, on the outskirts of the capital.
There is no new news in your post. The UK (Much to its shame) has been shipping its waste to China for years. Now China has said It will not take it the waste disposal companies are desperate to offload it and are doing so wherever they can.
Yes but lets add some other facts you have 'Conveniently; forgotten
It's not just the UK but a lot of countries have been shipping their 'Recycling' to the Far East
And we're not actually 'Dumping' it on them We have paid them to sort it
It's a bit rich painting us as the 'Only Bad guys' here
Thanked by: blythburgh
Politically incorrect since 69

Boro Boy
Posts: 4212
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 1635 times
Contact:

Re: "We are soooo Green...!?!"

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:57 pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:47 pm
William Joseph1 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:11 pm
Nowhere near the Malaysian Jungle. Port Klang is not far from the Capital, Kuala Lumpur.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rigin.html
'These containers were illegally brought into the country under false declaration and other offences which clearly violates our environmental law,' Yeo told reporters, after inspecting the shipments at Port Klang, on the outskirts of the capital.
There is no new news in your post. The UK (Much to its shame) has been shipping its waste to China for years. Now China has said It will not take it the waste disposal companies are desperate to offload it and are doing so wherever they can.
Yes but lets add some other facts you have 'Conveniently; forgotten
It's not just the UK but a lot of countries have been shipping their 'Recycling' to the Far East
And we're not actually 'Dumping' it on them We have paid them to sort it
It's a bit rich painting us as the 'Only Bad guys' here
Mmm do I have to be so accurately black and white for you. I never said it was just UK but implied (is that allowed by you?) that as we are so Green, is it just because we have pushed the problem elsewhere? But still giving you the video from the Frence News agency might have given the fact away to most people that I didn't think it was just the UK and if you had seen the linked video the guy stripping the new tech items said the TV he was stripping was from France... but hey you just go on trying to "conveniently" pick pieces in people if you don't understand the articles content if that makes you happy!

Meanwhile more UK issues.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-48581669 :wave:

William Joseph1
Posts: 10487
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:14 pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2130 times
Been thanked: 4995 times

Re: "We are soooo Green...!?!"

Post by William Joseph1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:10 pm

I find it strange that you choose to highlight this issue as when asked in a previous post what you were doing to mitigate the use of plastic in your life you chose to ignore/be very vague about the question

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=86878&hilit=Plastic&start=50

Why are you always so negative and trying to run the country down. Brexit is on the way we will soon be GREAT Britain again. Brexit will solve everything.
Thanked by: Dream on, blythburgh
It is polite to thank a post. If you like it or if you feel it has helped you. Use the thumb up on the top right of the post.

Boro Boy
Posts: 4212
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 1635 times
Contact:

Re: "We are soooo Green...!?!"

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:32 pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:10 pm
I find it strange that you choose to highlight this issue as when asked in a previous post what you were doing to mitigate the use of plastic in your life you chose to ignore/be very vague about the question

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=86878&hilit=Plastic&start=50

Why are you always so negative and trying to run the country down. Brexit is on the way we will soon be GREAT Britain again. Brexit will solve everything.
You sarcasm is sooo true! :wave:

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 23711
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 3067 times
Contact:

Re: "We are soooo Green...!?!"

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:05 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:57 pm
kevinchess1 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:47 pm
William Joseph1 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:11 pm
Nowhere near the Malaysian Jungle. Port Klang is not far from the Capital, Kuala Lumpur.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rigin.html



There is no new news in your post. The UK (Much to its shame) has been shipping its waste to China for years. Now China has said It will not take it the waste disposal companies are desperate to offload it and are doing so wherever they can.
Yes but lets add some other facts you have 'Conveniently; forgotten
It's not just the UK but a lot of countries have been shipping their 'Recycling' to the Far East
And we're not actually 'Dumping' it on them We have paid them to sort it
It's a bit rich painting us as the 'Only Bad guys' here
Mmm do I have to be so accurately black and white for you.
I'm more of a fifty shades of grey Man.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

pabenny
Posts: 1550
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm
Has thanked: 413 times
Been thanked: 1273 times
Contact:

Re: "We are soooo Green...!?!"

Post by pabenny » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:57 am

Western waste is shipped to the far east for 'recycling' which may be genuine. Or may result in illegal dumping.

Clearly the illegal dumping is bad, but what is the OP suggesting? That we don't (attempt to) recycle? That greens are deluded?
Thanked by: blythburgh, Dream on

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest