Citizen Khan pushes ahead with the plan to shoot himself in the foot

Media articles about money-saving topics
BeautifulSunshine

Re: Citizen Khan pushes ahead with the plan to shoot himself in the foot

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Sep 20 2019 12:50am

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Sep 20 2019 12:29am
This is a crazy thread: I open the debate on The London Mayors transport restrictions and then supported it with Corbyn's advisors promoting the removal of all private transport...! This should be a major concern to all straight thinking people; instead - a number of members twist this saying a think tank is not an advisor (which appears to be wrong) and then a lot of out of context miscellaneous quotes...!?! You guys must be a real pain to live with.
Crazy you say?

Who's the one who started if off?
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Sep 20 2019 1:56am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Sep 20 2019 12:50am
Boro Boy wrote:
This is a crazy thread: I open the debate on The London Mayors transport restrictions and then supported it with Corbyn's advisors promoting the removal of all private transport...! This should be a major concern to all straight thinking people; instead - a number of members twist this saying a think tank is not an advisor (which appears to be wrong) and then a lot of out of context miscellaneous quotes...!?! You guys must be a real pain to live with.
Crazy you say?

Who's the one who started if off?
You may have to helped send a sensible thread off in a crazy direction but can be pleased to know you are not the only culprit...

pabenny

Post by pabenny » Fri Sep 20 2019 7:09am

Boro Boy wrote:
Mr Boro Boy - you're not even quoting yourself correctly. The OP was about the Mayor of London wanting to impose rent controls. You moved it on to proposals to limit maximum speeds, and then onto the story that you claimed was "Corbyn's advisers promoting the removal of all private transport"

That story states that Common Wealth, the think tank issuing the anti-private car report is pro-Corbyn. That's not disputed, but it nowhere says that Common Wealth are advisers to the Labour party or leadership, nor do they claim it themselves.

If it's a crazy thread, it's because you have put your own inaccurate spin on a story and then dug in when called out on your error.

I'm very happy to debate questions like rent controls, road safety, car use. But it's impossible if you make assertions which you cannot or will not support with evidence. If you can show me where in the linked articles it states that Common Wealth are advisers to Corbyn, I will retract everything I've said on that subject.
Thanked by: Chadwick, blythburgh, im183152

Chadwick

Post by Chadwick » Fri Sep 20 2019 2:05pm

You quoted a left-leaning think tank and twisted that into being 'Corbyn's top advisors'.
The report you cited, claimed it was a non-event, yet you insist it is almost policy.
When challenged on your mistake, you said I misquoted you - which it was immediately shown was also not true.

The only twisting going on is by you, Boro Boy, including even now.
Thanked by: pabenny, blythburgh, im183152