Big Brother is watching/listening...

Media articles about money-saving topics
Boro Boy
Posts: 5048
Joined: Mon Sep 15 2014 6:05pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 2013 times

Big Brother is watching/listening...

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Sep 12 2019 10:23am

This is very interesting: https://www.france24.com/en/20190909-ex ... 2463152530

Would you agree that Facebook, Google etc are now spying on populations on behalf of Governments and at the same time trying to shape our future society, buying habits etc. :think:
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh
Posts: 16359
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 7:14pm
Location: The Far East
Has thanked: 30997 times
Been thanked: 5897 times
Contact:

Re: Big Brother is watching/listening...

Post by blythburgh » Thu Sep 12 2019 10:45am

They are spying on us, they only give us the news about things we actually seem to want eg. only pro Trump if those are the websites you tend to visit or only anti Trump if you prefer those websites. Not a balance of pro and anti Trump news.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

kevinchess1
Posts: 23770
Joined: Mon Jun 28 2010 11:02pm
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12599 times
Been thanked: 17158 times
Contact:

Re: Big Brother is watching/listening...

Post by kevinchess1 » Fri Sep 13 2019 6:17pm

V sad news about Boro Boy dying in that car crash tomorrow. CIA
Politically incorrect since 69

Richard Frost
Posts: 11874
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 8:14pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2605 times
Been thanked: 6266 times
Contact:

Re: Big Brother is watching/listening...

Post by Richard Frost » Fri Sep 13 2019 6:32pm

blythburgh wrote:
Thu Sep 12 2019 10:45am
They are spying on us, they only give us the news about things we actually seem to want eg. only pro Trump if those are the websites you tend to visit or only anti Trump if you prefer those websites. Not a balance of pro and anti Trump news.
They can only spy on you if you have a social media account of some description. It is up to the individual which if any they have and how they customise their settings.
Thanked by: im183152, blythburgh

expressman33
Posts: 11432
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 10:36pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2799 times
Been thanked: 10359 times
Contact:

Re: Big Brother is watching/listening...

Post by expressman33 » Fri Sep 13 2019 7:58pm

William Joseph1 wrote:
Fri Sep 13 2019 6:32pm
They can only spy on you if you have a social media account of some description. It is up to the individual which if any they have and how they customise their settings.
All your emails are recorded . Mobile calls and texts are recorded ( probably land line calls as well ). CCTV records where you are . Number plate recognition will show where you go . Satellites can now pinpoint someone on the ground.

Why do the police find it so difficult in catching criminals :crazy: :crazy:
Thanked by: blythburgh

pabenny
Posts: 2072
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 5:21pm
Has thanked: 561 times
Been thanked: 1641 times
Contact:

Re: Big Brother is watching/listening...

Post by pabenny » Sat Sep 14 2019 8:16am

expressman33 wrote:
Fri Sep 13 2019 7:58pm
All your emails are recorded . Mobile calls and texts are recorded ( probably land line calls as well ). CCTV records where you are . Number plate recognition will show where you go.
Do you really believe this?

Emails are recorded in the sense that in the sense that when I email you we both have a copy. Deleting doesn't necessarily delete fully and even deleted data can often be retrieved from computers. Depending on the mail system used, our own copy may be duplicated in our own account on a server of the email provider. Is the state or some third party recording the content of our emails? I don't think so.

Metadata for phone use is saved for billing purposes. Metadata meaning a call was made/text sent from this number to that number with a duration of x. Nothing about the callers or call itself.

ANPR records movements of my car. Not me.
Thanked by: im183152, Kelantan, blythburgh

pabenny
Posts: 2072
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 5:21pm
Has thanked: 561 times
Been thanked: 1641 times
Contact:

Re: Big Brother is watching/listening...

Post by pabenny » Sat Sep 14 2019 8:21am

William Joseph1 wrote:
Fri Sep 13 2019 6:32pm
They can only spy on you if you have a social media account of some description. It is up to the individual which if any they have and how they customise their settings.
Apparently not. If there is a facebook logo on a web page, it drops a tracking cookie. As I understand it, that will track visits by the user to other web pages with the same logo. This does not rely on the user having a fb account - although it can't actually identify you or distinguish between you and other users of the same browser.
Thanked by: im183152, Kelantan, blythburgh

Richard Frost
Posts: 11874
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 8:14pm
Location: The Isle of Dreams
Has thanked: 2605 times
Been thanked: 6266 times
Contact:

Re: Big Brother is watching/listening...

Post by Richard Frost » Sat Sep 14 2019 8:23am

expressman33 wrote:
Fri Sep 13 2019 7:58pm
William Joseph1 wrote:
Fri Sep 13 2019 6:32pm
They can only spy on you if you have a social media account of some description. It is up to the individual which if any they have and how they customise their settings.
All your emails are recorded . Mobile calls and texts are recorded ( probably land line calls as well ). CCTV records where you are . Number plate recognition will show where you go . Satellites can now pinpoint someone on the ground.

Why do the police find it so difficult in catching criminals :crazy: :crazy:
I was replying to the original post which was discussing Social Media not to the wider issue in society.
pabenny wrote:
Sat Sep 14 2019 8:21am
William Joseph1 wrote:
Fri Sep 13 2019 6:32pm
They can only spy on you if you have a social media account of some description. It is up to the individual which if any they have and how they customise their settings.
Apparently not. If there is a facebook logo on a web page, it drops a tracking cookie. As I understand it, that will track visits by the user to other web pages with the same logo. This does not rely on the user having a fb account - although it can't actually identify you or distinguish between you and other users of the same browser.
I clear all my cookies several times a day. Having a FB cookie on my computer does not bother me. It is likely to be gone in an hour and anyway can't identify me as an individual.
Thanked by: im183152, Kelantan, blythburgh

expressman33
Posts: 11432
Joined: Tue Jun 29 2010 10:36pm
Location: stockport
Has thanked: 2799 times
Been thanked: 10359 times
Contact:

Re: Big Brother is watching/listening...

Post by expressman33 » Sat Sep 14 2019 10:32am

expressman33 wrote:
Fri Sep 13 2019 7:58pm
All your emails are recorded . Mobile calls and texts are recorded ( probably land line calls as well ). CCTV records where you are
I could have wrote this better , I meant the fact that a call has been made is recorded ( from 1 number to another) , not what you are actually saying , well not yet anyway.

The Investigatory Powers Act (The Snoopers Charter) https://www.libertyhumanrights.org.uk/h ... rs-charter
Thanked by: blythburgh

AAAlphaThunder
Posts: 26557
Joined: Tue Sep 14 2010 8:23pm
Location: [The Finest City in the World: London]
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 3667 times
Contact:

Re: Big Brother is watching/listening...

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Sat Sep 14 2019 4:59pm

kevinchess1 wrote:
Fri Sep 13 2019 6:17pm
V sad news about Boro Boy dying in that car crash tomorrow. CIA
LOL.

In France, no less.
Thanked by: blythburgh
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest