Who said...?

Media articles about money-saving topics
cccashbacklover

Re: Who said...?

Post by cccashbacklover » Thu Apr 16 2020 11:00am

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... spartandhp

Matt Hancock DISMISSES calls for ministers to take a pay cut in solidarity with coronavirus-hit workers
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Thu Apr 16 2020 11:14am

cccashbacklover wrote:
Thu Apr 16 2020 11:00am
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... spartandhp

Matt Hancock DISMISSES calls for ministers to take a pay cut in solidarity with coronavirus-hit workers
Another case of a fat cat not prepared to show the way but expecting the thinner cats do the opposite mostly whether or not they want to. If you are on furlough you are probably only on 80% of what you normally get. And you did not actually choose to take a pay cut and for far too many the worry is that the 80% will turn into Job Seekers Allowance when this nightmare ends
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Thu Apr 16 2020 12:21pm

The age old adage comes to mind:
Lead by example.
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Apr 17 2020 9:22am

To me the ones who should be paying up are the hedge funds people. The one founded, and still part owned by Jacob Rees Mogg, is pushing hard to get people to invest with promises of huge profits due to Covid19
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Fri Apr 17 2020 10:15am

blythburgh wrote:
Fri Apr 17 2020 9:22am
To me the ones who should be paying up are the hedge funds people. The one founded, and still part owned by Jacob Rees Mogg, is pushing hard to get people to invest with promises of huge profits due to Covid19
Jacob Rees Mogg has worked hard and done well for himself. So what's the problem?
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Fri Apr 17 2020 10:44am

AAAlphaThunder wrote:
Fri Apr 17 2020 10:15am
blythburgh wrote:
Jacob Rees Mogg has worked hard and done well for himself. So what's the problem?
Not surprised you cannot see the problem.

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Fri Apr 17 2020 6:33pm

blythburgh wrote:
Fri Apr 17 2020 10:44am
AAAlphaThunder wrote:
blythburgh wrote:
I cannot see anything wrong with working hard and earning a packet legitimately within our tax system. What he does with his money after that is up to him, providing it is legal we do not need to know where it is spent but I am amazed that you seem to know that he doesn't make any charity contributions - where did you find that out those details from?

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sat Apr 18 2020 11:35am

Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Apr 17 2020 6:33pm
blythburgh wrote:
AAAlphaThunder wrote:

I cannot see anything wrong with working hard and earning a packet legitimately within our tax system. What he does with his money after that is up to him, providing it is legal we do not need to know where it is spent but I am amazed that you seem to know that he doesn't make any charity contributions - where did you find that out those details from?
Did I say he does not make charity contributions. He may make them and I have not read about it or he is like so many people making them quietly and privately without seeking publicity.

My point is the finger is pointed at footballers but far more people are making money from the virus like the hedge fund investors. But they are not picked out by the Govt in the same way.

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sat Apr 18 2020 7:14pm

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Apr 18 2020 11:35am
My point is the finger is pointed at footballers but far more people are making money from the virus like the hedge fund investors. But they are not picked out by the Govt in the same way.
They won't be whilst the government is populated by Vote Leave and most of the media are on the wrong side...

"As Burberry makes PPE for nurses and doctors, Brexiteer hedge funder shorts its stock"
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-m ... its-stock/

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sat Apr 18 2020 9:29pm

blythburgh wrote:
Sat Apr 18 2020 11:35am
Boro Boy wrote:
Fri Apr 17 2020 6:33pm
blythburgh wrote:

Did I say he does not make charity contributions. He may make them and I have not read about it or he is like so many people making them quietly and privately without seeking publicity.

How are the footballers making money from the virus? They are under contract (good for them) and get paid if they play or not!

Fund managers are making money legitimately as a % of funds under management which have grown as individuals & institutions invest more money in the turn down (sale time) and these managers also manage many of our own pension funds - I can't quite see what is wrong with paying them for that.

To make such ill informed comments: "...picked out by the Govt"; either you are jealous of the money they are making as you can't achieve that or you just haven't got a clue of the details on what you're talking about...!?! :think: