Who said...?

Media articles about money-saving topics
blythburgh

Re: Who said...?

Post by blythburgh » Sun Apr 19 2020 7:45am

I am not jealous, I have always defended the pay for footballers. But my gripe is the Govt. picked on the working class now rich footballers but ignored the fat cats in the city.

To avoid being called hypocrites they should not single out just one group of high earners but Govt Ministers should take a pay cut themselves if they expect others to
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Sun Apr 19 2020 1:00pm

blythburgh wrote:
Sun Apr 19 2020 7:45am
I am not jealous, I have always defended the pay for footballers. But my gripe is the Govt. picked on the working class now rich footballers but ignored the fat cats in the city.

To avoid being called hypocrites they should not single out just one group of high earners but Govt Ministers should take a pay cut themselves if they expect others to
A very confusing and unfounded argument...

But I should ask, have you taken a pay cut?

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Apr 20 2020 10:30am

Boro Boy wrote:
Sun Apr 19 2020 1:00pm
blythburgh wrote:
Sun Apr 19 2020 7:45am

A very confusing and unfounded argument...

But I should ask, have you taken a pay cut?
retired and self isolating and why is it a confusing and unfouneded argument? Govt. ministers have refused to take a pay cut but suggested professional footballers should.
Last edited by blythburgh on Mon Apr 20 2020 10:36am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Mon Apr 20 2020 10:35am

I admit I am fed up with all the click bait on MSN etc of the "look at me" stuff from David, Victoria and the younger Beckhams. To be honest I have no idea why anyone would want to look at any of the endless stream of photos of Brooklyn and Romeo Beckham who have never achieved anything worthy of getting publicity.

But I was disgusted to hear that Victoria Beckham has been singled out for attack for putting the staff of her loss making fashion design business on furlough. I figure of her net worth was given (may or may not be the true amount) as if they meant she should not have put the staff on furlough. Why pick out one woman when there are lots of men, often richer, who have done the same with their staff?

Richard Frost

Post by Richard Frost » Mon Apr 20 2020 11:39am

blythburgh wrote:
Mon Apr 20 2020 10:35am
I admit I am fed up with all the click bait on MSN etc of the "look at me" stuff from David, Victoria and the younger Beckhams. To be honest I have no idea why anyone would want to look at any of the endless stream of photos of Brooklyn and Romeo Beckham who have never achieved anything worthy of getting publicity.

But I was disgusted to hear that Victoria Beckham has been singled out for attack for putting the staff of her loss making fashion design business on furlough. I figure of her net worth was given (may or may not be the true amount) as if they meant she should not have put the staff on furlough. Why pick out one woman when there are lots of men, often richer, who have done the same with their staff?
Don't read it then. There are other better and higher quality news sources that never ever mention Brooklyn and Romeo Beckham. I had heard of Brooklyn but never Romeo Beckham before today. (Silly name to give your child). You are always saying how busy you are. Imagine how much more time you would have if you did not read this trash. Incidentally I am sure you have seen this. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52349573

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue Apr 21 2020 10:24am

Richard Frost wrote:
Mon Apr 20 2020 11:39am
blythburgh wrote:
Mon Apr 20 2020 10:35am

Don't read it then. There are other better and higher quality news sources that never ever mention Brooklyn and Romeo Beckham. I had heard of Brooklyn but never Romeo Beckham before today. (Silly name to give your child). You are always saying how busy you are. Imagine how much more time you would have if you did not read this trash. Incidentally I am sure you have seen this. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52349573
Do not actually read it but scan the page MSN gives me when I leave hotmail. Occasionally find something worth reading.

If you thing Romeo is a stupid name, third son called Cruz as he was born in Spain but that is usually a name given to girls although like Shirley for example a unisex one. Daughter is called Harper Seven.

Other stars have offspring with even stranger names. Cannot give names of celebs or offspring as not interested enough. Remember the Beckham ones because they ended up on main news and I thought how silly the parents were