Don't panic says she doing a "jonesy"

Share interesting and unusual gift ideas and offers, or get present-buying help and advice from your fellow imutual members
blythburgh

Don't panic says she doing a "jonesy"

Post by blythburgh » Mon Jul 17 2017 10:59am

What to give to a dear friend and neighbour for her 90th birthday?

In the end we decided upon a heart shaped cushion from Jessops which arrived this morning.

Eagerly opened the parcel to find a blank cushion. No photo just a plain white cushion. :crazy:

Panic :roll:

Looked to see what rubbish had been put into the envelope advertising stuff I was not interested in buying.

And found the cover for the cushion pad complete with photo on it. :oops: :oops: :oops:

So tomorrow the birgthday lady will open a parcel and find she has a cushion with her beloved Border Collie's photo on it.

And one happy dog was photographed in her very favourite wood which makes it special memories photo. Sadly she will never go there again. The dog is now elderly and arthritic so is unable to jump into the back seat of her owners car. (Yes she is perfectly safe driving despite her age, I know as I have been her passenger and like any car driver do not make a relaxed passenger :lol:) Our car was a two door so dog climbed into foot area and then jumped onto seat. Sadly our lovely "new" Micra is a four door so she cannot get into that either. There is a beach for her to walk on. a nearby park she loves but no woods for her to explore any more. But she can walk down to the church and see two sheep grazing there. No idea if she comes from Sheep herding parents (a rescue dog) but she certianly takes a great interest in sheep. Cows are boring and not worth looking at but sheep used to get her staring out of the car window.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

Boro Boy

Re: Don't panic says she doing a "jonesy"

Post by Boro Boy » Mon Jul 17 2017 11:51am

That Jonesy gets everywhere! I saw his van at the corner of my road the other day...
Jones's Van.jpg
Jonesy's Van
Jones's Van.jpg (227.68 KiB) Viewed 6644 times
Thanked by: blythburgh

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Tue Jul 18 2017 11:51am

..don' panic...!!! ;)

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Wed Jul 19 2017 10:28am

Another panic moment. The "birthday girl" felt her bad leg would allow her to wear her shoes and go our for a meal. So we were asked if we could dog sit and that the visiting daughter had booked a table at The Swan Barnby. Had a great reputation and we had enjoyed a couple of meals there some years ago. Then we checked on Trip Advisor and it seemed to have a lot of bad reviews so we did not return.

So yesterday on hearing the news I checked Trip Advisor to read recent posts were either very good or terrible with just one star. I kept stumm and hoped it was going to be a fine.

They came back to pick up dog and said the whole evening had been great, leg not hurting, food great.

So I can stop worrying but if I want a fish restaurant I still think we will go the short distance to the Tramway Hotel. So nearly a Tesco mini store but we fought to keep it and it has had the builders in and the current landlord offers one of the best dining experiences in the area.

And the photo cushion present was loved and on the phone to her granddaughter was describing it so the visiting daughter took a photo so the son in law and granddaughter could see it.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler