#MSE Tip [Build Your Own Beauty Box] £15 [REE Del] @ Latest in Beauty

BeautifulSunshine

Post by BeautifulSunshine » Tue Aug 20 2019 11:14pm

Sometimes, you do want to try an expensive brand to see if it lives up to the hype, but going out and buying the full-size product without knowing if you’ll like it sends chills down a MoneySaver’s spine. Beauty boxes have a tendency to contain some products you’ll use and others you won’t, as you rarely get to choose what’s inside. This one’s different…

If you go online to Latest In Beauty*, you can use the MSE Blagged code MSEBYOB to get its 'build your own’ beauty box for £15 delivered until 11.59pm on Mon 26 Aug, or when all 2,000 boxes go - whichever's first.

When you've clicked the above link, and after you add the first product to your box, a pop-up should appear giving you multiple options. To get the deal, you need to select 'one off for £22' in the middle 'Beauty Enthusiast' box (it's quite small, so take care as other options involve a subscription - see the image below). Then pick your other products and finally use the code at the checkout to bring the price down to £15. Delivery will also be free.

When you see this pop-up, click on 'one off for £22' (circled above)

Latest in Beauty has been going since 2008, and normally offers customisable monthly beauty box subscriptions, but with this deal you’ll only make this one-off payment for a single ‘build your own’ box - there's no subscription. Yet as stock of all items is limited, the choices available could become less if this deal is popular.

What comes in the box?
As you pick your own contents, the value of the box will be different for everyone, but I've done some calculations using an example of the kind of box you might be able to create below. I found you could get £52ish of products for the £15 price – based on the cost of buying the same quantities of each item individually elsewhere online.
Of course, you don't have to see it as a beauty box to treat yourself, or as a gift for someone else - it could simply be a very practical way of grabbing a discount on big beauty brands to try in smaller quantities, or maybe to take with you on holiday. If you're going on holiday and looking for minis, you might want to read my recent blog Travel toiletries rip-off revealed to avoid paying more than you have to.

Here's an example box to show some of the products you can get:

Eyeko liquid eyeliner in 'black', 2g (full-size) - norm £16 at Lookfantastic.
Skyn Iceland 'Icelandic Relief' eye cream, 4g (mini) - worth £10.85 based on full-sized 14g version at Boots.
Jo Hansford London intensive hair masque, 50ml - worth £9.50 based on full-sized 150ml version at Lookfantastic.
Mememe 'Beat The Blues' liquid highlighter in 'Oyster Gold', 9ml (full-size) - norm £6.95 from third-party eBay seller (no longer sold elsewhere).
Context oil-free moisturiser, 20ml (mini) - worth £6.58 based on full-sized 50ml (1.75oz) version from American retailer Context.
Sleek Makeup I-Divine eyeshadow palette in 'All Night Long', 12 x 0.2g (mini) - worth £2.40 based on full-sized 9g version at Sleek Makeup.
Not everyone’s box will have £50 of products inside – it totally depends what you want to put in it. Though I reckon whichever items you choose, £15 including delivery is cheap enough for everyone to bag a fair deal.

To demonstrate a few more of the choices available, Latest In Beauty told me the following have good stock:

Caudalie Vinosource moisturising sorbet, 10ml (mini) - worth £5.75 based on full-sized 40ml version at Feel Unique.
Rimmel 60 Seconds nail polish in 'Rapid Ruby', 8ml (full-size) - norm £2.99 at Superdrug.
Amie Skincare morning dew matte-finish moisturiser, 10ml - worth 50p based on full-sized 100ml version at Waitrose.
Finally, if you’re worried about your beauty regime’s impact on the planet, you can recycle most containers from beauty products - or even reuse and refill them. There are also some vegan and lower-waste alternatives in the offer, like a plastic-free hair and body soap bar, Vaseline lip balm in a metal tin, and a shaving oil in a glass jar.

Source: MSE Money Tips

*** THIS OFFER HAS NOW EXPIRED ***. Visit Latest in Beauty
[imutual Cashback Investment Club]