Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies

Money, investing, mutuals etc
blythburgh

Re: Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies

Post by blythburgh » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:40 am

planteria wrote:tell us about your list then :think: :thumbup:
Chocolate,renew bathroom flat roof, chocolate, new kitchen, chocolate, holday, chocolate, days out, chocolate.

No, giving up chocolate, cakes and puddings for Lent have not affected me in any way ;) (And with one large bar of chocolate, one and on rare occasions two small cakes and only one pudding per week I do not expect much change in my weight over the 45 days of Lent sigh)
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

planteria

Post by planteria » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 am

got you.. there is at least something of substance in that response :mrgreen:. the roof, kitchen and holiday all sound good - and the formet two could be considered Investments in their own right. my other half is now on a high veg diet after two babies in the last 15 months, so in effect i am too-and it's great. i do like a bit of dark chocolate though.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:39 am

planteria wrote:got you.. there is at least something of substance in that response :mrgreen:. the roof, kitchen and holiday all sound good - and the formet two could be considered Investments in their own right. my other half is now on a high veg diet after two babies in the last 15 months, so in effect i am too-and it's great. i do like a bit of dark chocolate though.
I love dark chocolate and the "Divine" milk chocolate with sea salt. But if I am not going to be another type 2 diabetic draining th NHS of money then I need to get my weight down and then keep it down. Trouble is all those years fighting my hormones trying means I have not got a lot of leeway.

Yes, veggies are very good for you, we are both flexitarians so have a high veg intake. I feel for you both of you having two babies so close together. Both in nappies and needing a lot of TLC. Never had a baby but can see they are hard work but worth it. Hope yours are not like a brother and sister I know. Mum told me Angela realised Richard was being spoon fed and stopped feeding herself. But RIchard would not eat if Mum did not have a spoonful as well. (One more example of remembering something unimportant but too many things I would have like to remember have got forgotten).

Of course you have the advantage of getting over the nappies, terrible two's and teenage horrors quickly instead of getting over something only for it to start all over again.
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

planteria

Post by planteria » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:57 pm

i've only dipped a toe into Cryptos, but i still think there will be a lot of money made.

the main reason i haven't bought a Bitcoin is that there are other things i'm more sure i want to own :mrgreen:, but that might change, and at c$6400 Bitcoin is at something of a floor.

is there something in the wings with the chance to take over the Crypto space?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45245149

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:04 am

The value of bitcoin has dropped a further 12% over the past 2 days -- now down a total of $141 billion in 2018!
Thanked by: planteria

planteria

Post by planteria » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:11 am

what's the price of a Bitcoin in £s now?

axelandpixel

Post by axelandpixel » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:35 pm

1 btc = approx 4,906 gbp

I'm so late with this bitcoin thing that I didn't bother buying anymore when I first read the news. Does anybody know how much was it worth when it just started?

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:11 pm

For anyone like me who didn't know what a "flexitarian" is:

Flexitarianism or 'casual vegetarianism' is an increasingly popular, plant-based diet that claims to reduce your carbon footprint and improve your health with an eating regime that's mostly vegetarian yet still allows for the occasional meat dish. The rise of the flexitarian diet is a result of people taking a more environmentally sustainable approach to what they eat by reducing their meat consumption in exchange for alternative protein sources.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide ... arian-diet
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Sarah

Post by Sarah » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:29 pm

It can also be argued that flexitarian is a synonym for omnivore.

planteria

Post by planteria » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:24 am

we're eating vegetarian meals regularly, as it happens, but i must have missed the connection to cryptocurrencies :think:.