MONEY SAVING IDEA: The Repair Café

Money, investing, mutuals etc
Boro Boy

Re: MONEY SAVING IDEA: The Repair Café

Post by Boro Boy » Mon May 07, 2018 10:09 pm

pakefield wrote:Bottom of the road there is a car park and then a green space. Go to end of car park and there is seat in memory of someone for the public to sit on. But someone has added a bouquet of flowers and a cross made out of flowers. They are expecting them to stay there for eternity I guess as all the flowers are plastic. And of course means one less person can sit on the seat. Round the corner there are a row of memorial seats so you can sit and overlook the sea. One has the sort of little plaques you would find on a grave beside it.

But although I find the idea of plastic angels tacky whey were placed on the grave with love and I find the idea of chucking them away like that sad. Maybe the rules should be in a prominent place but I am guessing people would still not read them.

Just in case: they weren't tacky; they looked like stone but the tacky thing is that someone stole them.
Thanked by: blythburgh

blythburgh

Post by blythburgh » Tue May 08, 2018 7:49 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Just in case: they weren't tacky; they looked like stone but the tacky thing is that someone stole them.
I think you mean they were made of resin not a tacky plastic angel. And It is far from tacky someone stole them, more like downright nasty thieving.

I find plastic flowers tacky when they are now renewed regularly but even worse the real tributes left tied to fences, placed on the side of the road and worst of all tied to public benches that are not removed when they are starting to fade. I constantly see once live flowers that have died weeks before still in situ

And do not get me started on the amount of flowers that can be attached to public benches which were donated in memory of someone meaning less people can actually site on there
Thanked by: Dream on, Boro Boy
Keep smiling because the light at the end of someone's tunnel may be you, Ron Cheneler

AAAlphaThunder

Post by AAAlphaThunder » Tue May 08, 2018 6:16 pm

blythburgh wrote: I find plastic flowers tacky when they are now renewed regularly but even worse the real tributes left tied to fences, placed on the side of the road and worst of all tied to public benches that are not removed when they are starting to fade. I constantly see once live flowers that have died weeks before still in situ
Plastic flowers - just sooo fake, no from me.

Real flowers a BIG yes from me.
[Secretary] imutual Cashback Investment Club

Boro Boy

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:39 am

More news on an expanding and positive trend: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06rnl1x