Gas & Electric Bills...

Money, investing, mutuals etc
Dream on
Posts: 584
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:16 pm
Has thanked: 2723 times
Been thanked: 397 times
Contact:

Re: Gas & Electric Bills...

Post by Dream on » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:31 pm

Chadwick wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:Looks like their excessive price rise has caused an exodus...? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... ts-tumble/
Who did you switch to in the end, if you don't mind me asking?
Well it was not Iressa as they have just gone under. After a bidding process OFGEM will be appointing a supplier of last resort to take over their less than 100,000 customers.
Thanked by: William Joseph1

Ric
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:36 pm
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 183 times
Contact:

Re: Gas & Electric Bills...

Post by Ric » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:11 pm

Chadwick wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:Looks like their excessive price rise has caused an exodus...? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... ts-tumble/
Who did you switch to in the end, if you don't mind me asking?
I left British Gas last month and went with Bulb. Very smooth quick process and saving me about £35/month. If anyone wants a referral link PM me as it's £50 each for new customer and referrer using a referral link - and I will give you back £25 of my referral fee via Amazon voucher or bank transfer once it hits my account.

Constantine
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:04 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 444 times
Contact:

Re: Gas & Electric Bills...

Post by Constantine » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:19 pm

Dream on wrote:Well it was not Iressa as they have just gone under. After a bidding process OFGEM will be appointing a supplier of last resort to take over their less than 100,000 customers.
Octopus Energy have that privilege. Takes effect today. I.m not sure there was much of a bidding process.


Boro Boy
Posts: 3276
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 893 times
Been thanked: 1796 times
Contact:

Re: Gas & Electric Bills...

Post by Boro Boy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:53 pm

Good bye and Good Riddance to BG.... https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/br ... spartanntp

pabenny
Posts: 957
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 332 times
Been thanked: 998 times
Contact:

Re: Gas & Electric Bills...

Post by pabenny » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:19 am

It may be the third increase this year by BG, but other suppliers have been increasing charges with less publicity.

I currently use Avro. They offer 12 month fixed term tariffs and seem to update these at least monthly for new customers. The withdrawal of standard tariffs will probably result in BG doing something similar without the publicity of increases.

Chadwick
Posts: 1443
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 1846 times
Contact:

Re: Gas & Electric Bills...

Post by Chadwick » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:21 am

Boro Boy wrote:Good bye and Good Riddance to BG.... https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/br ... spartanntp
Who did you switch to in the end, if you don't mind me asking?

Boro Boy
Posts: 3276
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Location: London
Has thanked: 893 times
Been thanked: 1796 times
Contact:

Re: Gas & Electric Bills...

Post by Boro Boy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:14 am

Chadwick wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:Good bye and Good Riddance to BG.... https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/br ... spartanntp
Who did you switch to in the end, if you don't mind me asking?
Take a look: www.Bulb.co.uk :thumbup:
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx

Chadwick
Posts: 1443
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 693 times
Been thanked: 1846 times
Contact:

Re: Gas & Electric Bills...

Post by Chadwick » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:55 am

Boro Boy wrote:
Chadwick wrote:
Boro Boy wrote:Good bye and Good Riddance to BG.... https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/br ... spartanntp
Who did you switch to in the end, if you don't mind me asking?
Take a look: http://www.Bulb.co.uk :thumbup:
Same as Ric.
Did you use his referral link?

kevinchess1
Posts: 21695
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:02 pm
Sharing: 5stars.png
Location: Miles away from the sea
Has thanked: 12160 times
Been thanked: 15519 times
Contact:

Re: Gas & Electric Bills...

Post by kevinchess1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:14 pm

There’s cash back as well
Thanked by: xxxraichxxx
Politically incorrect since 69

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest